cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Shubham0078
Not applicable
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎05-10-2017
Location: IN
Views: 118,526
Message 1 of 49

Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

Cast Screen is not working on my Moto G5 Plus.

I have my t.v Sony Bravia with cast screen support and wifi also. I tried several times to connect it but it will not show any device and it always shows no nearby device found as below in attached "Image" and also 3 dots for option is not showing.

I connect many other brand phones to my t.v without any problem .

So it is my request to Motorola Team to solve this issue in its next update.

naresh30
Not applicable
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-23-2017
Location: IN
Views: 117,894
Message 2 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

iam also same issue 

 

AlphaDog
Not applicable
Posts: 28,147
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 119,784
Message 3 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus


@Shubham0078 wrote:

Cast Screen is not working on my Moto G5 Plus.

I have my t.v Sony Bravia with cast screen support and wifi also. I tried several times to connect it but it will not show any device and it always shows no nearby device found as below in attached "Image" and also 3 dots for option is not showing.

I connect many other brand phones to my t.v without any problem .

So it is my request to Motorola Team to solve this issue in its next update.


As with most other Motorola phones and other stock android variants (pixel and nexus) , only Google Chromecast is supported. 


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Shubham0078
Not applicable
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎05-10-2017
Location: IN
Views: 117,990
Message 4 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

This is very bad. Motorola have to solve this issue if my t.v has cast screen than why should i have to buy another device.
AlphaDog
Not applicable
Posts: 28,147
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 117,954
Message 5 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus


@Shubham0078 wrote:
This is very bad. Motorola have to solve this issue if my t.v has cast screen than why should i have to buy another device.

There are casting apps in the play store, but i am not sure how well they work. 

 

Google has only made support for chromecast partmof stock android. Moto phones have been like this for many generations.  


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Anurag_b
Not applicable
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-26-2017
Location: IN
Views: 113,796
Message 6 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

I have a feeling cast option is deliberately disabled by Motorola so that users can also buy Chromecast, since it only works with Chromecast.

 

This is absurd. I have a Samsung home theater system and Bravia tv and I cannot use this important feature which all my previous phones used to support. It should be platform independent and you cannot force sell your products.

 

I was very excited about this phone as this was my first Motorola phone and now I am pretty sure that it's my last. 

Highlighted
manjareganesh
Not applicable
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎05-12-2016
Location: IN
Views: 113,751
Message 7 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

Motorola should include miracast feature in next update as Lenovo brand phones are having this feature.

GANESHind93
Not applicable
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-03-2018
Location: IN
Views: 99,279
Message 8 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

 


@AlphaDog wrote:

@Shubham0078 wrote:
This is very bad. Motorola have to solve this issue if my t.v has cast screen than why should i have to buy another device.

There are casting apps in the play store, but i am not sure how well they work. 

 

Google has only made support for chromecast partmof stock android. Moto phones have been like this for many generations.  


You dont have to fallow what your ancestor did. It's all about what you are doing for the present. Apple i phone are selling there fones at whatever price they want and miracurously geting sold out every model. Because they keep delivering new things & new updates. In other side they are also making older devices slow by giving new updates may be to push people to buy new models. By your explanation, I doubt that whether lenevo team is capable of solving the issues of costomers. Instead you are marketing google device for casting purpose which can be solved by just giving a simple update. From your reply I am very unconvinced and thinking about whether I made mistake by buying Moto G5 Plus. Further I wont recommend any moto divices to anyone if this response I am getting from the parent company.
 

AlphaDog
Not applicable
Posts: 28,147
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 99,262
Message 9 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus


@GANESHind93 wrote:

 


@AlphaDog wrote:

@Shubham0078 wrote:
This is very bad. Motorola have to solve this issue if my t.v has cast screen than why should i have to buy another device.

There are casting apps in the play store, but i am not sure how well they work. 

 

Google has only made support for chromecast partmof stock android. Moto phones have been like this for many generations.  


You dont have to fallow what your ancestor did. It's all about what you are doing for the present. Apple i phone are selling there fones at whatever price they want and miracurously geting sold out every model. Because they keep delivering new things & new updates. In other side they are also making older devices slow by giving new updates may be to push people to buy new models. By your explanation, I doubt that whether lenevo team is capable of solving the issues of costomers. Instead you are marketing google device for casting purpose which can be solved by just giving a simple update. From your reply I am very unconvinced and thinking about whether I made mistake by buying Moto G5 Plus. Further I wont recommend any moto divices to anyone if this response I am getting from the parent company.
 


This is a user to user forum - the answers you get are often from volunteers (I am one), but that doesn't change the fact that Google removed casting option in stock android. Motorola phones are sold as stock android - not a lot of extras added. 


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
jsp3
Not applicable
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-13-2018
Location: IN
Views: 96,606
Message 10 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

same problem iam having. when motorola is going to upgrade its system  software to enable screencast directly to link with smart tv with miracast

Top Kudoed Authors