Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,456
Message 31 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

@askanuj wrote:

Please Moto fix or update the cast screen problem... It's very awkward that all other companies are providing cast screen facility without any issue... Only Moto is doing hell nothing on this request....

As mentioned before - all other companies do not provide "cast screen facility without any issue" - Google Nexus and Pixel only support chromecast as Motorola does. Any other android vendor that has not added additional cast functionality above what google provides also only supports chromecast. 

If this should be something on ALL android phones then Google would have to add it as the stock option. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Laura2013
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,811
Message 32 of 49

I have a chromeChroand from working yesterday to not today, please tell us the issue. Have always had problems but force stopping Google Play services usually worked - not this time! Help!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,802
Message 33 of 49

@Laura2013 wrote:

I have a chromeChroand from working yesterday to not today, please tell us the issue. Have always had problems but force stopping Google Play services usually worked - not this time! Help!!

c

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,802
Message 34 of 49

@Laura2013 wrote:

Hi Laura2013,

Sorry to hear about this, can you please follow the mentioned steps here and let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

mdurai88
Paper Tape
Views: 1,707
Message 35 of 49

Moto G5 Plus Cast screen notworking

I want cast mobile screen with my smart TV . Please do the needful.

How to activate Cast option in my Moto G5 Plus

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 1,680
Message 36 of 49

Re: Moto G5 Plus Cast screen notworking

@mdurai88 wrote:

I want cast mobile screen with my smart TV . Please do the needful.

How to activate Cast option in my Moto G5 Plus

Hi mdurai88,

Please do not start new threads before searching for existing threads on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. There is already a long discussion on this here, so please post there.

Thanks,

Lohit

Moto Support

Victormoses
Paper Tape
Views: 1,614
Message 37 of 49

This problem is not solved...am using Chromecast it's not connecting...then what's the use for cast...with no.option on /off...even other brands having wifi display...motrolo doesn't have wifi display...just lie to people..
yogibadatya
What's DOS?
Views: 1,534
Message 38 of 49

it is not working when we edit that and write persist.debug.wfd.enable=1 error is comming to save the file

the error is "error saving build.prop" 

Rebelwolf
Punch Card
Views: 1,069
Message 39 of 49

Hopefully this is the right thread for this. But I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to cast g5 plus to tv without WiFi. I want to try usb to HDMI, but I've also read that Motorola does not support this. So how does one cast if they can't use Chromecast or Miracast due to no wifi?

fetcher
Punch Card
Views: 1,036
Message 40 of 49

@yogibadatya - you need to have rooted your device (i.e. unlocked the bootloader, then installed Magisk, SuperSU or equivalent), and to actually be in superuser (su) mode when writing the file. Also, /system must be remounted read-write first, as it's normally read-only. I just edit it with 'vi' from within the adb shell after becoming superuser, but if you prefer to edit externally, upload it to somewhere that doesn't require root permission (e.g. /system/emulated/0), then 'mv' or 'cp' to /system/build.prop, and chown that file back to root:root (maybe not necessary, but just in case). Then remount /system read-only.

Be aware that making any changes to /system will likely cause your device to fail Google SafetyNet (CTS), for any apps that care about that, and mistakes made as superuser can easily cause loss of data, soft-bricking etc.
Top Kudoed Authors