CZ

7 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 1 of 3

Change Gboard typing sound

2018-07-17, 5:40 AM

Hey guys,

When I use a keyboard I like to enable the typing sound. I like the SwiftKey sounds for keyboard typing. 

I don't use Gboard because of reasons, but sometimes I come back and try it for a while. 

I noticed that Gboard typing sound is the worst sound of all, it has the sound of a typewriter and it's really not a pleasant experience to type with the sound on.

So I thought that Gboard is just like that... HOWEVER, I installed the same Gboard app on my father's Meizu m2 note (5.1 Lollipop) and when I adjusted the sound I notice that the sound is different. It has this modern feeling, something like the SwiftKey has. 

So, my question is HOW to change the sound? Is there any way? Thanks in advance for replies.

PS: I tried to set the keyboard exactly as it is on the Meizu but the sound is still the same.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2069 Posts

03-04-2016

IN

1071 Signins

40715 Page Views

• Views: 40715
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Change Gboard typing sound

2018-07-20, 10:36 AM

wrote:

Hey guys,

When I use a keyboard I like to enable the typing sound. I like the SwiftKey sounds for keyboard typing. 

I don't use Gboard because of reasons, but sometimes I come back and try it for a while. 

I noticed that Gboard typing sound is the worst sound of all, it has the sound of a typewriter and it's really not a pleasant experience to type with the sound on.

So I thought that Gboard is just like that... HOWEVER, I installed the same Gboard app on my father's Meizu m2 note (5.1 Lollipop) and when I adjusted the sound I notice that the sound is different. It has this modern feeling, something like the SwiftKey has. 

So, my question is HOW to change the sound? Is there any way? Thanks in advance for replies.

PS: I tried to set the keyboard exactly as it is on the Meizu but the sound is still the same.

Hi thebittenpeach,

Unfortunately, there is no option to change Gboard typing sound. We can't guarantee these programs will work for a variety of reasons.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

10 Posts

11-12-2019

US

8 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Change Gboard typing sound

2019-11-13, 6:57 AM

Let's take a new modern phone from 2019, give it Face ID, fingerprint ID, and texting sounds that mimic a 1920's typewriter!  Genius!!  What an awful stupid sound!  I only type with sound on but I'm embarrassed to type on my Motorola One Action.  I am pretty sure this is a Motorola issue, not a Gboard issue as my other devices with Gboard sound fine.  It's so bad that I'm about to return the phone.  I'm going to try a different keyboard or figure out this stupid sound issue, but if it isn't fixed in two weeks, this phone is going back!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms