Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Swatantras
Punch Card
Views: 1,110
Message 1 of 15

Charging and battery issue

I am using a moto g5+  i am facing an issue regarding the charging as a connect the charger if it is really low then also it shows 15-20 min to full also i used a non fast charger then also it was taking about 4.5 amp however the charger i used was only of 5v 1 a so how is it possible and when i take the charger out the battery is draining like crazy to some % i thought that it was a software issue but then i reset my device i was facing the same problem again but my phone is working normally if i keep it on charge for 1:30-2:00 hours so why battery% is shown wrong and estimated time is also really awkward please give any fix 

I am leaving a screenshot of a third party app Called ampere which i used to analyse the issue the screenshot is taken when the phone was being charged by 5v 1a charger

Quantumizer
Token Ring
Views: 1,086
Message 2 of 15

Re: Charging and battery issue

Go to Settings >> Battery and check which apps consume more battery. Either get rid of those apps as if they are not that much necessary or enable battery optimization for them.
You can also use the third party app AccuBattery to monitor your charging and discharging time.You will get an accurate depiction of your battery life. The app will also help improve battery life.
Arya
Swatantras
Punch Card
Views: 982
Message 3 of 15

Thank you for your reply and for the app the app is really good it helps to monitor the battery but the system is not showing the correct battery information and no app is using unusual amount of battery and if i charge my device for 1:30 hours then it works as usual (5-6 hours) but of i remove the charger when the device says charged then it doesn't work that long (maximum 1 hour) 

Quantumizer
Token Ring
Views: 980
Message 4 of 15

I think you have to calibrate your battery. You can get detailed information from the link below.
https://www.howtogeek.com/296288/how-to-fix-inaccurate-charge-percentages-by-calibrating-your-phones...
*Give a Kudos if my answer is helpful and if it solved your problem accept it as solution 🙂
Arya
Swatantras
Punch Card
Views: 949
Message 5 of 15

Thanks a lot for your reply i will surely do this and give you kudos if it works
ironcloud
What's DOS?
Views: 257
Message 6 of 15

Charging Issue

After recently downloading software patch: 8.1.0, and plugging in my charger, overnight- the next morning, I noticed that my phone had not charged to 100%. It was down to ~ 15 % or so. Again, checked plug of Turbo Charger- icon showed that connection was good- still not charging. Powered off phone, the phone charged to 75%. Turned on phone and checked power/battery status: it indicated that it was plugged in, but message: "can't charge right now" is a little puzzling. So, looked for any apps that might drain battery, nothing of consequence. Could the battery be going bad or is this a problem with operating system update? Also, why is the message: "can't charge right now" always come up? ANy assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 197
Message 7 of 15

Re: Charging Issue

Hi ironcloud,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried booting the phone into safemode to isolate your third-party apps? Also, check if charging port doesn't have any dust or dirt, and check if the plate is still in good condition. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

ironcloud
What's DOS?
Views: 182
Message 8 of 15

I tried rebooting to "calibrate" the battery. I turned off the phone and tried charging. I get the turbocharge icon and the % charge at that time. But, it doesn't charge- all I got was "connected, can't charge at this time.

So, I have found if I leave the cable connected on the phone side and disconnect the turbo charger from the outlet.. wait and reconnect: it says charging with AC, and actually charges, but I have to do this incremently, and I can charge the phone to 100%. This problem didn't start happening until the latest OS upgrade, this last weekend.

heelstriker
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 9 of 15

Ever since the OTA update, I have had this same problem. I have tried going into safe mode as well with no improvement. I did not try to "calibrate" the battery. If I understand you correctly, that did not actually fully fix the problem anyways. Is that correct? This problem was not actually "solved" as the thread says?

ironcloud
What's DOS?
Views: 150
Message 10 of 15

Howdy, I was successful with the AC adapter sequence stated in my prior post. It's like the phone's saturation point for charging is reached and even with the AC adapter connected, the phone states: "can't charge at this time." But, disconnecting at the outlet side and re-connecting- the phone starts charging. This sequence happened about 3-4 times. Obnoxious, but it worked.
Top Kudoed Authors