Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dontezuma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,309
Message 21 of 45

Re: Charging Issue

Rich, I just had the same thing happen to me.  I use the Turbo charger that came with the phone, and this is the first hiccup I've ever had with it. Last night, as per usual, I plugged it in and saw it begin to charge.  This morning, I woke up and it was at the same battery level as when I went to bed.  

I haven't tried to recalibrate the battery, but did reboot and tried different chargers.  It's plugged in to USB right now and is charging, albeit slowly.  Seems like the AC chargers are not liking something.  I tried charging with the power off and that didn't seem to do anything.

I am on the latest OS build, and I don't know how to enable the USB Debugging.  There used to be a thing where you tap a bunch of times on settings or something to make it show.  What's the process with Oreo?

Thanks

Don

dontezuma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,299
Message 22 of 45

So, after charging for a bit on USB, I got up to 30% and then plugged the USB cable into the AC charger.  At that point, it seems to be charging fine.  I'm wondering if the turbo charging doesn't work if the phone is in battery saver mode?  Just a thought.

dontezuma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,295
Message 23 of 45

And, it stopped.  It got to 45% and though the charging icon still showed in the notifications bar, the Battery Settings app showed "Not Charging".  

What is going on?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,283
Message 24 of 45

Hi dontezuma,

Thanks for posting here. We'd like to further investigate this. Can you share us a bug, and let's see what we can find on the report. Instruction to do so is on my previous reply. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

dontezuma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,273
Message 25 of 45

Can't.  Reason why is in my first reply.

I need to know how to enable developer options on the Moto G5+ with Oreo.

steved999
Punch Card
Views: 1,263
Message 26 of 45

1. Open Settings.
2. Select: System --> About phone.
3. Tap the Build number entry seven times to enable Developer options.
4. Go back to Settings --> System --> and select Developer options.

MLB19
Paper Tape
Views: 1,199
Message 27 of 45

And this bug hits me on Christmas Eve, and I'm leaving on vacation in a few days, how fun. Any updates on a fix or should I factory reset? The phone is stuck around 42%, Exactly the same as others have posted. 

steved999
Punch Card
Views: 1,179
Message 28 of 45

I haven't posted about this for a while because I haven't seen the issue in the past week.  After a few days of charging issues, it seems to be ok again.  When the charging issue was happening, the only way to charge my phone consistently was to use the USB cable plugged into my computer.  Perhaps doing that a couple of times at a slower charge fixed the issue?  Not sure, but it is worth a try.

Steve

dontezuma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,175
Message 29 of 45

I didn't have to reset, but the issue has resolved itself.  I got the phone charging on USB up to about 75% and then I was able to plug it in and had no further issues. 

Not sure if it got low enough to think it couldn't take a charge or what, but I haven't had an issue since. 

MLB19
Paper Tape
Views: 1,158
Message 30 of 45

Interesting. Certainly a little weird that such a problem comes and goes like that. IDK. My issue hasn't gone away yet. Hopefully Customer Support can help

Top Kudoed Authors