Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 78
Message 11 of 15

Re: Charging Issue

Hi ironcloudheelstriker,

Let's try another charger and let me know if you're still having intermittent charging. Also, Pease update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

heelstriker
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 12 of 15

I've tried all the different chargers and cables in the house.  They all worked fine before the update, and not afterwards. I can update my profile later. 

heelstriker
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 13 of 15

Also, I tried the procedure Ironcloud used, and I was able to charge 70% overnight . This is obviously a software issue caused by the OTA update that needs to be corrected soon if I'm ever going to buy another Moto.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 47
Message 14 of 15

Hi heelstriker,

Let's try doing the factory data reset (Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset) without restoring your apps, we need to test this without apps reinstalled/restored. Note to back up files before resetting the phone to make sure you won't lose any of it. Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

heelstriker
Paper Tape
Views: 40
Message 15 of 15

We have already tried that technique based on the multiple forum threads of other people having this issue after the update.

Top Kudoed Authors