Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FeiXue
Paper Tape
Views: 15,163
Message 1 of 45

Do not Disturb randomly auto-enables

Hello,

I'm using the Flip to enable Do Not Disturb (DND for short), but occasionally the phone:

1) enables this function when I put my phone down face up (like, when watching a lecture during lunch)

2) refuses to cancel DND after I wake up and flip the phone back up. I cannot even disable the DND, when I cancel it, it just auto-enables back. 

random things that have worked so far, but are quite annoying to do pretty much every day:

1) restarting the phone

2) using the motion to start the camera

3) begging the phone to stop being so annoying

do I need to go to the repair shop for my phone, or is this a software glitch?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 14,910
Message 2 of 45

Re: Do not Disturb randomly auto-enables

@FeiXue wrote:

Hello,

I'm using the Flip to enable Do Not Disturb (DND for short), but occasionally the phone:

1) enables this function when I put my phone down face up (like, when watching a lecture during lunch)

2) refuses to cancel DND after I wake up and flip the phone back up. I cannot even disable the DND, when I cancel it, it just auto-enables back. 

random things that have worked so far, but are quite annoying to do pretty much every day:

1) restarting the phone

2) using the motion to start the camera

3) begging the phone to stop being so annoying

do I need to go to the repair shop for my phone, or is this a software glitch?

Hi FeiXue

By any chance, was the phone updated recently? Have you tried booting it to safe mode

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

FeiXue
Paper Tape
Views: 14,902
Message 3 of 45

The phone is 2 months old, and is fully up to date. I have not updated it. 

Flip to enable DND does not work in safe mode, so I can't test it. I did check that it was enabled in Moto gestures

FeiXue
Paper Tape
Views: 14,877
Message 4 of 45

I have disabled the Flip DND and am holding the phone up in my hand. DND is switching on and off by itself...

Tolfie
Blue Screen Again
Views: 14,832
Message 5 of 45

I have exact same problem.

Kernel version is from August 8.

Can not recall when it started, know for sure it was already a problem from before last moto update. 

IT does not happen frequently, few times a week. Restarting doesn't help. Pushing the volume buttons seems to stop the flipping of the DND mode, although it can also just be that it stops after few minutes.

akboesing
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 14,648
Message 6 of 45

Hey, LENOVO PEOPLE, how about some ACTUAL HELP here?!?

I have the same problem, I'm literally looking at my phone right now and it's randomly switching back and forth into DND mode. 
It's on a flat table, facing up.
No movement what so ever. That is, no reason for Mororola Motion or whatever to be activated.

This is quite frustrating as I have missed important calls because this stupid phone was on DND.

FeiXue
Paper Tape
Views: 14,621
Message 7 of 45

I have changed the DND settings to allow EVERYTHING because I too started to miss important messages and phone calls. basically, now I use flight mode instead of DND

TDKverbatim
Paper Tape
Views: 14,592
Message 8 of 45

I also have this problem with Kernel 3.18.31

It started after the first time I enabled 'flip for DND' and now it happens whether I have this feature enabled or not. I have deleted all the automatic rules.

I also have my phone face up and DND just randomly enables and disables.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 14,552
Message 9 of 45

Hi Everyone, 

How can you say that Do Not Disturb automatically turns OFF and ON? Please try booting the phone to safe mode for us to identify if there are any third party apps that might be causing the issue. 

May you all also update your respective profiles with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Please check the link and update your profile here.

- Ella

TDKverbatim
Paper Tape
Views: 14,532
Message 10 of 45

Hi Ella

I have updated my IMEI.

Please see the screen shots below. They were taken over about 20 seconds, I did nothing except hold the phone in my hand and take screenshots every time DND was enabled or disabled. This happened whether or not I had Flip for 'Do Not Disturb'  enabled. And you can also see that I have no automatic rules for DND.

Screenshot_20171102-000339.pngScreenshot_20171102-000416.pngScreenshot_20171102-000616.png

Screenshot_20171102-000104.jpgScreenshot_20171102-000122.jpgScreenshot_20171102-000127.jpgScreenshot_20171102-000131.jpgScreenshot_20171102-000151.jpgScreenshot_20171102-000156.jpg

Top Kudoed Authors