cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j4joy1
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 1 of 6

Error message 963 displayed when Google Play downloads but does NOT install app audible

I have attempted to download app audible. Whilst d/loading I receive an error message 963..it downloads 23.27 mb and then downloads it again and then i receive a message from google " audible" cant be installed, try again and if the problem continues use google trouble shoot error 963.

I have 16gb internal storage (4 gb free) and 16 gb free on an sd card ( why do apps never dload to my storage card but always to the internal storage? )

I have tried uninstalling google play and rolling back to factory settings, i have uninstalled google play updates, unistalled apps that i do not use and cleared google play data and cache and restarted and still i cannot dload audible . 

Help please 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 268
Message 2 of 6

Re: Error message 963 displayed when Google Play downloads but does NOT install app audible

Hi j4joy1,

I understand how you feel when you receive an error while trying to update/ download apps from Play Store on your device and I really appreciate you trying few steps to resolve the issue. However, just wanted to check if you've tried the troubleshooting steps from this help center article Play Store won’t open, load, or download apps". If the issue persists, please give these steps a try...

1. Clear cache data for Google Play Store app & Google Play Services (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Services > Clear cache > OK).

2. Uninstall updates for the Play Store appPlay Store(Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Store > Uninstall updates > OK).

3. Uninstall updates for Google Play Services (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Services > Uninstall updates > OK).

4. Restart your device.

5. Clear data for the Google Play Store appPlay Store(Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Store > Clear data > OK).

6. Remove Google Account:

• Open your device's Settings app.

• Under "Accounts," touch Google and then the account you want to remove.

• Touch the Menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.

• Touch Remove account.

• Add Google Account:

• Open your device's Settings app.

• Under "Accounts," touch Add account > GoogleGoogle

• Follow the instructions to add your account.

• And for the second question. Apps always have to download and install to internal memory first. Then, if the app is coded to allow it, you can move it to the SD card by going into your system menu, application manager, find the app, and choose "move to SD"But, you can't download and install directly to SD card. 

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

j4joy1
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 3 of 6

Re: Error message 963 displayed when Google Play downloads but does NOT install app audible

Hi Sandip,

thanks for the reply and effort that you have put in to deal with this. Unfortunately Non of your suggestions have worked as i have just completed all 6 steps and tried to d/load audible and the same error message arose.

Ideas ?

atb

jason

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 227
Message 4 of 6

It looks like you have tried most of what is on this page but check out the,"SD Card" bit,

https://appuals.com/google-play-store-error-963/

and some more,

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-solve-google-play-store-errors

j4joy1
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 5 of 6

Thank you Porphyrius and previous support by Sandip.  Porphyrius the removal of the scandisk card worked. The card does not seem to be corrupted in any way and I am not techy enough to know what happened but it has worked, so thanks very much.

If you celebrate Xmas ? , have a very joyful time for you and yours.

All the best,

Jason

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 215
Message 6 of 6

Happy New Merry Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors