Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhi027
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,955
Message 1 of 13

Fingerprint unlock not working at 72 hours security

Every week this happens with my moto g5 plus....whenever it says that 72 hours had been since you have not unlocked ur phone with pattern,though i unlocked it with pattern....even though i unlock the phone with pattern at that time it starts asking frequently and im unable to use fingerprint and i had to restart....plz solve the problem MOTO....

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,865
Message 2 of 13

Re: Fingerprint unlock not working at 72 hours security

Hi Abhi027,

Does it usually happen whenever you attempt to unlock the phone? Does this pop up while the phone is locked? Have you tried to reboot the phone?

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Abhi027
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,808
Message 3 of 13

Not always but it happens weekly... It happens when the phone is locked...and i hav to unlock with pattern every time until i restart...and next week again the same problem until i restart......

I dont understand y it asks me to unlock with pattern as it says "72 hours hav been passed since you last unlocked ur phone with pattern" though i did....and even if i do unlock with pattern it continues to ask it everytime when unlocking the phone therefore disabling me to use the fingerprint and i had to restart....MOTO solve the problem...or else remove the security of 72 hours plz

Abhi027
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,787
Message 4 of 13

Motorala i want ur reply

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,761
Message 5 of 13

@Abhi027 wrote:

Not always but it happens weekly... It happens when the phone is locked...and i hav to unlock with pattern every time until i restart...and next week again the same problem until i restart......

I dont understand y it asks me to unlock with pattern as it says "72 hours hav been passed since you last unlocked ur phone with pattern" though i did....and even if i do unlock with pattern it continues to ask it everytime when unlocking the phone therefore disabling me to use the fingerprint and i had to restart....MOTO solve the problem...or else remove the security of 72 hours plz

Hi Abhi027,

Kindly check in Safe mode for us to know if a third party app is causing it. To boot into Safe mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe mode appears. Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

Liv1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,212
Message 6 of 13

Same issue here.

Problem only happens after 72 hours of use.

So booting in safe mode and stay in safe mode for 3 days?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,186
Message 7 of 13

@Liv1 wrote:

Same issue here.

Problem only happens after 72 hours of use.

So booting in safe mode and stay in safe mode for 3 days?

Hi Liv1

Thanks for posting, can you please share us the snapshot of the same so that we can check and get back.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Liv1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,175
Message 8 of 13

Hello

I can' take a screenshot with the phone locked.

Maybe I can take a photo  of the screen with another cameracam I am at home when it happens.i restarted yesterday so in two days.

The screen is the normal pin screen with a ? Simbol, when you push the ? A message informs that you must unlock the phone with the pin because you didn't unlocked by pin in 72 hours and once done you can use the touch id again.

The problem is that I intro the pin but once I lock the phone and try to unlock again it keeps saying that I didn't used the pin in 72 hours which is false I just unlocked by pin. The touch id keeps working in other apps but not to unlock the phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,145
Message 9 of 13

@Liv1 wrote:

Hello

I can' take a screenshot with the phone locked.

Maybe I can take a photo  of the screen with another cameracam I am at home when it happens.i restarted yesterday so in two days.

The screen is the normal pin screen with a ? Simbol, when you push the ? A message informs that you must unlock the phone with the pin because you didn't unlocked by pin in 72 hours and once done you can use the touch id again.

The problem is that I intro the pin but once I lock the phone and try to unlock again it keeps saying that I didn't used the pin in 72 hours which is false I just unlocked by pin. The touch id keeps working in other apps but not to unlock the phone.

Please share us snap when you find the error. Which you are referring to so that we can check.

-Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

rl_2018
What's DOS?
Views: 1,864
Message 10 of 13

I can confirm that this is indeed a problem with the Moto G5 Plus running Nougat.  Fingerprint unlock works fine until 72 hours passes.  Then after unlocking with the PIN it continues to ask you to unlock with the PIN claiming that 72 hours had passed.  It is kind of random as sometimes it accepts the fingerprint and sometimes it doesn't and asks for the PIN.

In my case rebooting the phone previously solved it for 72 hours, but now even rebooting the phone doesn't temporarily fix it.  It seems to be some type of issue with the whatever timer it uses to count the hours between the last PIN entry.  All other apps that use the fingerprint reader work fine.

Maybe this will be fixed in the upcoming Oreo build.  If anyone out there is running the soak test for 8.1 Oreo, please chime in.

Details of my phone:

Model: XT1687

Android 7.0

Build number: NPNS25.137-93-14

Android security patch level: June 1, 2018

Top Kudoed Authors