Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

06-03-2017

United States of America

15 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 11 of 18

Re: Fix Battery Drain Issue in Moto G5 Plus!

2017-06-03, 14:51 PM

Update on the battery drain rate I observe >> Approximately 8 hours on full charge with no calls or texts and while bluetooth connected to Panasonic home phone system has reduced charge to 95%. Location is off. WiFi is off. Data is off. This less than 1% battery drain per hour is very good in my opinion.

Options

53 Posts

03-22-2017

India

160 Signins

1825 Page Views

• Views: 1825
  • Message 12 of 18

2017-06-03, 14:55 PM
That's good! What solved the issue in your case?
Regards,
sas96
Options

39 Posts

05-17-2017

India

185 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Views: 1067
  • Message 13 of 18

2017-06-04, 11:55 AM

wrote:

I saw some complaints about abnormal battery drain on g5 plus(especially during standby; overnight drop) in forums. For some guys, the issue seems to have arised after the update.

Firstly, follow the official guidelines given here for improving battery life :

Tips to extend the battery life - Moto G Plus

If it didn't help, try this as a last resort :

How to force enable DOZE on Android 6.0 and above.

Disclaimer for method given above :

I tried this myself​ to make sure it wasn't a fake.

It worked on my phone (G5 plus). Also, it's not harmful in ANY way as it just toggles a Setting through command. Minimal ADB(Android Device Bridge) is used to issue commands to phone via PC and is safe to use. It's basically a stripped down version of Android SDK, just enough to get adb). If you're still skeptic, download and use the gigantic Android SDK but the end result remains the same.

The command basically forces the Doze mode irrespective of its current state so that you can be sure that Doze is activated.
This should help fix the standby battery drain issues since Doze is activated when the phone becomes idle (battery drop during standby indicates it's not being activated).
Although I've tried this method to ensure it's correct, my phone doesn't have this issue, so I can't whether this trick solves the issue.

If your phone has the issue, try it and let us know the result.

Hope it helps :smileyhappy:

Bro it's not working . I have tried to installed minimal adb and also enabled USB  debugging .used the commands correctly as shown in the web site

Options

53 Posts

03-22-2017

India

160 Signins

1825 Page Views

• Views: 1825
  • Message 14 of 18

2017-06-05, 3:29 AM
Hmm... Probably doesn't work for everyone. But note that you have observe the battery life over at least a full discharge cycle/overnight drop to conclude if Doze is making any difference. If you already did that and find no difference, then drain must be due to some other factors. Follow the official guidelines(link given) to see if that stoves your issue.
Regards,
sas96
Options

39 Posts

05-17-2017

India

185 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Views: 1067
  • Message 15 of 18

2017-06-05, 7:52 AM

Thanks for the info bro .

Can make a video for doze mode enable thought minimal ADB and keep it in you YouTube . hope this helps for other users who are using the Moto g5 plus facing standby battery drain issues.

Thanks

AVR1996

wrote:

I saw some complaints about abnormal battery drain on g5 plus(especially during standby; overnight drop) in forums. For some guys, the issue seems to have arised after the update.

It worked on my phone (G5 plus). Also, it's not harmful in ANY way as it just toggles a Setting through command. Minimal ADB(Android Device Bridge) is used to issue commands to phone via PC and is safe to use. It's basically a stripped down version of Android SDK, just enough to get adb). If you're still skeptic, download and use the gigantic Android SDK but the end result remains the same.

The command basically forces the Doze mode irrespective of its current state so that you can be sure that Doze is activated.
This should help fix the standby battery drain issues since Doze is activated when the phone becomes idle (battery drop during standby indicates it's not being activated).
Although I've tried this method to ensure it's correct, my phone doesn't have this issue, so I can't whether this trick solves the issue.

Options

38 Posts

11-01-2016

India

63 Signins

504 Page Views

• Views: 504
  • Message 16 of 18

2017-06-30, 19:39 PM

The battery drains 6% in 6 hours without touching and with no wifi,no data on.

Options

10 Posts

01-20-2018

India

15 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 17 of 18

Re: Fix Battery Drain Issue in Moto G5s plus Plus!

2018-01-20, 8:56 AM

wrote:

J
Options

7 Posts

07-05-2018

India

14 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 18 of 18

2018-07-05, 12:35 PM

My Moto g5's battery drains very fast since a few weeks but I don't have many apps and I don't have install any new app recently. My mobile's battery was 91% when i was going to sleep but when I woke up 5 hours later it was 70%. In that time my any app was not opened or used (including Wi-Fi, cellar data, Bluetooth). And when my battery's level was 20% it shows me my all apps consumes in total only 49% of my battery (In battery advanced settings). I don't understand what have consumed 31% of battery. Every time I check my battery uses it shows me that my battery level is much lower than it consumed by all apps. Normally it takes 2 - 3 days to consume 80 - 90% of battery but now it takes only 16 - 18 hours.

Anyone have any solution for this problem ???

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms