Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

06-02-2017

India

119 Signins

1131 Page Views

• Views: 1131
  • Message 1 of 8

Found a bug [temporary fix included]

2018-01-25, 14:04 PM

Today I found that my battery drained pretty quickly. I found the bug, whenever you restart your phone then the phone keep looking for network even after it is registered on the network. As you can see in the screenshots. Cellular network signal was green before the restart. 

It consumed a lot of battery as you can see in the screenshots.

Temporary fix-

Go to settings > more > cellular networks 

Now search for network and again register on your network. For eg your network is Airtel then you tap on IND airtel 2-3 times until it redirects you back to settings.

You can see screenshots after this fix it was back to green.

Please fix this asap moto.

Edit: Device model - moto g5 plus

Firmware - NPN25.137-92

Signal bars were full

Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

Saint Martin (French part)

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Found a bug [temporary fix included]

2018-01-25, 14:17 PM

You should mention phone, software build and include a picture of the signal strengt of the network you are (trying) using. (a weak signal make your phone looking for a better one)

I have never seen this bug (running the November patch) and the only time the phone is looking for a network is when i'm inside a building and getting between towers....

Your fix is just something you can use when you have to use one particular network (or tower) if your moving around it will make you loose connection and your phone will be useless.

You also did not mention if you have that problem everywhere you go or just on some location.

Before calling something a bug you have to be sure what your talking about bewfore you call your own situation a bug on a device....

However.....  If the antenna is broken or damaged on your phone it CAN be a hardware problen...

Options

19 Posts

06-02-2017

India

119 Signins

1131 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2018-01-25, 16:35 PM

wrote:

You should mention phone, software builds and includes a picture of the signal strength of the network you are (trying) using. (a weak signal make your phone looking for a better one)

I have never seen this bug (running the November patch) and the only time the phone is looking for a network is when I'm inside a building and getting between towers...

Your fix is just something you can use when you have to use one particular network (or tower) if your moving around it will make you lose connection and your phone will be useless.

You also did not mention if you have that problem everywhere you go or just in some location.

Before calling something a bug you have to be sure what you're talking about before you call your own situation a bug on a device...

However.....  If the antenna is broken or damaged on your phone it CAN be a hardware problem...

Hardware is fine. I had this problem everywhere I go. 

See the screenshots below, it's all fine now. 

And My friend's moto g5 plus has the same problem.?

Green cellular network means great signal and red means scanning for a network. It's green right now but if I restart it then it again turns red and consumes a lot of battery as you can see in screenshots it's 44%. But after applying that temporary fix it gets back to normal and battery consumption is around 8-12% on standby then.

Options

19 Posts

06-02-2017

India

119 Signins

1131 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2018-01-25, 16:52 PM

wrote:

You should mention phone, software build and include a picture of the signal strengt of the network you are (trying) using. (a weak signal make your phone looking for a better one)

I have never seen this bug (running the November patch) and the only time the phone is looking for a network is when i'm inside a building and getting between towers....

Your fix is just something you can use when you have to use one particular network (or tower) if your moving around it will make you loose connection and your phone will be useless.

You also did not mention if you have that problem everywhere you go or just on some location.

Before calling something a bug you have to be sure what your talking about bewfore you call your own situation a bug on a device....

However.....  If the antenna is broken or damaged on your phone it CAN be a hardware problen...

Hardware is fine. I face this problem everywhere I go. 

You can see that screenshot. Device consumed 44% battery on standby. But after applying that fix everything gets normal. Battery consumption is around 8-12%. 

And my friend's g5 plus has the same problem.

Options

28 Posts

07-18-2017

Netherlands

90 Signins

966 Page Views

• Views: 966
  • Message 5 of 8

2018-01-25, 19:42 PM

I have exactly the same bug! My temporary fix is switching airplane mode on and after a while off. The phone then keeps working normal until you reboot it.

Options

19 Posts

06-02-2017

India

119 Signins

1131 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2018-01-27, 5:13 AM

This usage is after using that fix. You can see battery consumption is just 6% on standby which is very less compared to 44%.

Options

51 Posts

08-24-2017

Finland

233 Signins

2318 Page Views

• Views: 2318
  • Message 7 of 8

2018-01-27, 8:24 AM

I had same problem since latest update on RETEU (the november security fix one) Thanks for the temporary fix! Hope Moto fixes this soon

Options

7 Posts

01-31-2018

Portugal

8 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 8 of 8

2018-01-31, 9:27 AM

Hi, 

I have the same problem here, this do not happens in all phones (one friend have the same phone and his are ok), I already clean dalvik cache an restore factory settings (in boot), the batery drain is to much in the last days as you can see in the picture.

Phone: Moto X Play

1 Sept 2017 Security Patch

26.31.1 System Version

NPD26.48-24-1 Compilation

Hope someone find a real fix, 

Thanks,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms