Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zonkabe
Paper Tape
Views: 2,814
Message 1 of 20

G5 Blurry Photos

Hi, I bought the phone brand new on June. Everything fine except for the main camera. Everytime I try to take a picture it looks crisp and perfect on the screen, but when I take it the results are always blurry (texts not sharp and hard to read, blurry lines, it's not super blurry, but doesn't look the same as in the screen preview). I have tried every camera setting with no luck. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,784
Message 2 of 20

Re: G5 Blurry Photos

Hi zonkabe,

Could you share us both the screenshot- one on the screen? Other after the preview? For us to further look into the same. Does this happen for all the pictures you take? Are you using a flashlight? 

Thanks,

Swaraj

-Motorola Support

iamsahyl
What's DOS?
Views: 2,555
Message 3 of 20

Same issue with me in my G5S Plus :/

Kodak
802.11n
Views: 2,516
Message 4 of 20

It sounds like camera shake.   This will happen in low light, try to hold the phone still and don't stab at the shutter button. You could try setting the 3 second timer to take the picture that way you may be able to hold the phone steady.  You  shouldn't have any problems outside in good daylight .

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,498
Message 5 of 20

@iamsahyl wrote:

Same issue with me in my G5S Plus :/

As requested above, please share us few screenshot referring your issues for us to look further. 

-Swaraj

iamsahyl
What's DOS?
Views: 2,464
Message 6 of 20

The preview of that clear photo comes just for half of a second​, so it is not possible for me to take its screenshot.
After that it gets blurry.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,447
Message 7 of 20

@iamsahyl wrote:
The preview of that clear photo comes just for half of a second​, so it is not possible for me to take its screenshot.
After that it gets blurry.

Well in that case, could you share us few pictures that gets blurry after you take them? Does this happen on all the pictures you take whether it is day/night light? Is it only the rear camera or the front? Does this occur when you use flash or without?

Let us know to better understand the issue.

-Swaraj

ysmonyog
Paper Tape
Views: 2,273
Message 8 of 20

Same is with my newly purchased g5s plus. I have initiated replacement.

It happens like this:

Take picture, slide left from within camera screen to view picture. We see clear photo then within one second it blurs.

To view it more prominently, take picture of slowly waving hand or of tv screen running some programme. View by sliding left from camera screen, first we see clear image. Within one second we shall see the changed position of waving hand or tv character. 

My observation is that when we slide to view the image, camera shows two images, first -when we click and another -during the camera lag time or time taken by the camera to save image and then it mixes/superimposes the two to cause blur.

This happens with both, front and back camera.

Now, take pictured under the same situations, do not view picture by sliding left from within camera screen. Exit camera. View image in gallery, there is no blur.

p.s.. If we  first view photo from within camera application, the blurred image is permanently stored in gallery. To view and keep clear/crisp image, always view images from gallery app after exiting camera app. But this is just a workarond. Motorola needs to do something to otherwise good phone.

Unknown21
Punch Card
Views: 2,235
Message 9 of 20

To view if this is a real problem, please post a photo here or to some cloud service with link here.

Otherwise there is no way to tell if this is a problem with the camera a user error.

ysmonyog
Paper Tape
Views: 2,179
Message 10 of 20

Image 1.jpgImage 1Image 2.jpgImage 2I took a single photo of an advertisement on TV. On viewing image by sliding left, first Image 1 was displayed then within one second Image 1 was replaced by Image 2 (which is later part of advertisement ) and Image 2 finally saved in phone. Had I viewed the image (not the above way) through image gallery (google photos in my case) by exiting camera, Image 1 would have been saved.

I took these pictures of g5s plus from another phone. I have recorded a video also.

Top Kudoed Authors