Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sas96
Serial Port
Views: 4,361
Message 1 of 9

[G5 Plus][India] Official Response Regarding VoLTE on Other Carriers

Moto G5 Plus (XT1686) supports VoLTE for only one carrier (Reliance Jio) in India, as of now. Some other carriers(such as Airtel, Vodafone, Idea) have already rolled out(or planning to roll-out) VoLTE services in major cities across India.

Since VoLTE service has few major benefits like HD Voice Calls, Instant Call Connect(3 times faster than normal calls) and allows multi-tasking(making calls without disrupting 4G internet sessions), I was intrigued that such basic functionality was missing on our phone.

Regards,
sas96
sas96
Serial Port
Views: 4,352
Message 2 of 9

Re: [G5 Plus][India] Official Response Regarding VoLTE on Other Carriers

I reached out to Motorola support about this and following was their response :

VoLTE Response.png

So now we have reason for the lack of this feature:

Carriers need to provide the necessary firmware for specific models and only then, can the OEMs support VoLTE in their software. As of now, only E4 Plus has the firmware support from Airtel and accordingly it received the VoLTE support via OTA. This might happen in our case too, but only if carriers provide the necessary firmwares to Motorola - untill then, waiting is the only option(since Motorola is already aware of the issue).

I hope this answered the querry many of you had.

Regards,
sas96
manvinderst
Paper Tape
Views: 3,443
Message 3 of 9

2018-04-17_14-58-28.png

KAUBAN
Punch Card
Views: 3,154
Message 4 of 9

Motorala G5 Plus Airtel VoLTE Update -INDIA

Before I start I would like to say about Airtel VoLTE, it is Implemented via OTA Update from Mobile Manufactures after Testing from Airtel (carrier) Team. Presently only Jio supports VoLTE with Moto G5 Plus in India.

Few months back Moto E4 has got Airtel VoLTE feature by OTA update and today I found that Moto E4 has been started selling with cash back offer by Airtel.

So how long we have to wait for Airtel VoLTE support for Moto G5 Plus?

Many other smaller brands than Motorola are supporting Airtel VoLTE but Motorola is not working fast to provide this features to it's user.

Moto team please look into the matter.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,098
Message 5 of 9

Re: Motorala G5 Plus Airtel VoLTE Update -INDIA

@KAUBAN wrote:

Before I start I would like to say about Airtel VoLTE, it is Implemented via OTA Update from Mobile Manufactures after Testing from Airtel (carrier) Team. Presently only Jio supports VoLTE with Moto G5 Plus in India.

Few months back Moto E4 has got Airtel VoLTE feature by OTA update and today I found that Moto E4 has been started selling with cash back offer by Airtel.

So how long we have to wait for Airtel VoLTE support for Moto G5 Plus?

Many other smaller brands than Motorola are supporting Airtel VoLTE but Motorola is not working fast to provide this features to it's user.

Moto team please look into the matter.

Moved to existing thread. There are also other threads on this topic. Please search before starting new threads. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Sidnerlika
Paper Tape
Views: 2,083
Message 6 of 9

Does Moto have a plan to roll out VoLte service for other operators like Vodphone , Idea etc . It is need of hour i am having moto g5s plus 

Lordlassan
Punch Card
Views: 1,511
Message 7 of 9

Even after Oreo, Vodafone, Airtel VoLTE is not working. I contacted Vodafone team, they said that Motorola is not collaborating with them for VoLTE on this device. When my phone supports VoLTE , why can't I get it I am not able to understand.

JS2019
Blue Screen Again
Views: 346
Message 8 of 9

I'm having the same issue in US with Verizon. So, do I understand correctly that a phone model may be capable of VoLTE, but the carrier must issue a driver for that specific model to Motorola for it to be enabled via update?

@sas96 wrote:

I reached out to Motorola support about this and following was their response :

VoLTE Response.png

So now we have reason for the lack of this feature:

Carriers need to provide the necessary firmware for specific models and only then, can the OEMs support VoLTE in their software. As of now, only E4 Plus has the firmware support from Airtel and accordingly it received the VoLTE support via OTA. This might happen in our case too, but only if carriers provide the necessary firmwares to Motorola - untill then, waiting is the only option(since Motorola is already aware of the issue).

I hope this answered the querry many of you had.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 327
Message 9 of 9

Correct!

-Swaraj
If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Top Kudoed Authors