Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,287
Message 31 of 69

Re: network issue while call

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate you tried to bring this up to us. We would like to get some information in order for us to duplicate the issue and see what is the root cause. See this link for the information we need, thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Shrey2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,267
Message 32 of 69

Hi jess ,

1- No it has been the problem from the starting with the factory default settings and its been more than a month and it is still continue to bug me a lot

2- Yes almost everytime and i live in New delhi so i have experienced it there

3-Yes it happens in both

4- No it is still continuing with this degraded quality of talk that we have

KIndly put this your highest priority as the most basic feature of a phone is degraded and not at all able to use.

REgards,

Shrey Kumar

David_76
What's DOS?
Views: 2,237
Message 33 of 69

Hi Anne

I am facing similar problem with my Moto G5 Plus phone, certain calls sound digitized and as suggested in related thread, switching from 4G to 2G solves the problem. This however impacts the internet capabilities significantly. I am using Vodafone as the cellular carrier here in India (Delhi).

In a related mail someone had suggested to use a non NFC Nano SIM, as this this phone is non NFC compliant, I called the Vodafone customer care and they mentioned that for all customers here in India whether someone is using an iphone or an android device only 1 type of SIM card is sent.

I further called Motorola service centre and was surprised to hear that they were cluless about this ongoing issue, where as I see that many customers have been impacted (the ones using 4G services to access the net) both in India and the US.

Would appreciate if a proper fix is provided to resolve this issue rather than suggesting downgrading the services from 4G to 2G to temporarily fix the issue!!

Regards

David

pixistrix
Punch Card
Views: 2,225
Message 34 of 69

Hi Anne,

I am using this phone on IDEA network and same 4G simcard was being used in MOTO G4Plus before and i had no problem then while making calls sound was clear on both sides. Now with this MOTO G5 PLUS sond is very bad in the ear piece while making call,incoming call sounds absolutely clear it is only when i intiate the call this digitised sound problem comes.For your information IDEA Network doesn't have enhanced calling feature and this phone is on default network settings. If i change manually call settings to 3G or 2G then sound is clear. As it is when making call phone goes into 3G mode as mentioned above IDEA doesn't have VOLTE.

Mario-Allen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,155
Message 35 of 69

Voice Call Clarity Issue

Hello

A proud Moto Addtict! 

I have noted the same issue others are discussing.

The call quality is really poor, even with max volume I can barely hear the other person.

Pleae fix it.

P.S. The Speakers work just fine while playing loud music. 

Regards

aniketptr
Serial Port
Views: 2,142
Message 36 of 69

Please forward our problems to developers, so that we can hav our updates! 

guptapankaj7
What's DOS?
Views: 1,983
Message 37 of 69

I am also facing the same issue.

I just purchased the MOTO G5 Plus from Flipkart last week and while talking other party is not able to hear me clearly what I say.

Any resolution ?

guptapankaj7
What's DOS?
Views: 1,983
Message 38 of 69

I am using Airtel and its regular GSM not VoLTE.

I have tried on 2G , 3G and even whatsapp call but no difference.

In my case other party is not able to hear me clearly.

It seems mic has some problem but I am not sure.

Johngerard
Paper Tape
Views: 1,962
Message 39 of 69

I'm on a 4G SIM in the UK on the carrier 'EE'.

The issue doesn't present itself through headphones - no audio issues at all.

The problem is the speaker/earpiece. On calls, whether it's 4G, or if it drops back to 3G depending on what's available, there is a huge amount of what I would call digital noise/distortion when the other person speaks. Also, if I put on, say, a YouTube video, and listen at the earpiece, it's terrible, and much worse the lower the volume. I've not experienced anything like this since the days of analogue phones.

Johngerard
Paper Tape
Views: 1,942
Message 40 of 69

Incidentally, the issue presents itself over wi-fi as we all for any audio coming out of the earpiece/speaker, so it doesn't appear to be a 4G carrier problem.

Something's happening on the signal path between incoming signals of any type, and the speaker/earpiece.

To reiterate, no problems over headphones.

Top Kudoed Authors