Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cargun123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,777
Message 51 of 69

Re: network issue while call

Any updates on this? I purchased a Moto g5 plus a month ago and the call quality on it is horrible. Same experiences with low volume and very digitized sound. It seems like people on the other end of the call can hear just fine. This has happened with outgoing calls and incoming calls. In regular mode, speaker phone mode, and hooked to bluetooth in 2 different vehicles.

I found this thread while doing a quick search as I'm about to return this phone for a full refund and purchase something else. I won't wait for a fix but would gladly try one if one exists now (as it should since this was reported 4 months ago?) 

Carrier is Verizon, same as my last 4 phones which all worked fine. This happens even with 4 or 5 bars of reception.

motog5fan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,730
Message 52 of 69

i purchased 2 moto G5 pluses and the call quality is horrible on both. we are using Verizon network. we have disabled HD voice calling and enhanced lte services on the phones to make them usable. this is un-acceptible. one g5 replaced a g4 on the same network that didnt have any issues, and the second g5 replaced a samsung on the same network that had no prievious issues either. will motorola fix this ever? i paid good cash for 2 of these phones and expect them to atleast work as well as my old phones that had no issue what so ever with enhanced lte services enabled on my verizon accounts. please help motorola!

Goyel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,628
Message 53 of 69

If I stop the cellular data than the distorted hearing stops and if it's on than it starts to distorted again.

Plz do something about it.

Thanks

Abc12578
Paper Tape
Views: 1,531
Message 54 of 69

Hi, I am also encountering this issue. Just bought the phone on labor day. I see that you have been looking into this issue earlier this year but no solution. Is there a solution as of today? There is also a weird issue with Instagram but that's for another discussion thread...

I need my phone calls to be good because sometimes I require using this cell phone for important calls. When I disable the Enhanced 4G LTE, it makes it difficult to hear words pronunciation and the call is much quieter even at max volume. Any update? If not, I will probably return the phone. Thanks!

ViralToliaIndia
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,440
Message 55 of 69

I am also facing this issue with Moto G5 Plus only. Using Vodafone India and Idea network with regular calling system. The same sim works absolutely fine with Alcatel and Lenovo phones.... After talking for couple of minutes I am having sever headache. Please help. 

wlasicn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,403
Message 56 of 69

I got the phone about 2 months ago. I'm on T-Mobile and the voice quality has been on a steady downhill slide. Lately, based on feedback from those I'm on a call with, both ends seem to cut in and out. Today, my phone was nearly useless for most calls. A restart 'somewhat' fixed it but it still wasn't great. Bluetooth seems to aggravate the problem. 

Sad to say that I'm thinking of returning it. After all, if a phone can't support phone calls, it is hardly worth keeping. 

:-(

sas96
Serial Port
Views: 1,387
Message 57 of 69

Call quality issue

I have this issue on all of my phone's carriers (I've used Airtel, BSNL and Jio(VoLTE) ) for more than 5 months now. 

Almost everytime, my call recipients complain about breaking voice/poor choice quality.

I think this has to be a issue with phone's noise cancellation mic (either HW or SW issue). This issue has been there ever since I bought the phone, it persists even after the software patch that was released in May to Indian variants.(March in Brazil).

I hope Motorola fixes this issues asap because this a issue with one of the most basic task we do on our phones-calling.

Regards,
sas96
Spannaworks
Paper Tape
Views: 1,351
Message 58 of 69

Let me add my voice to the many who are complaining about the sound quality on calls. 

Voices are very fuzzy and difficult to hear clearly. Thas been the case since I bought the phone around 3-4 months ago. 

1. Do you have Advance calling enabled when the issue happened?

I don't have the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode option on my phone, so this is neither abled or disabled. 

2. Does this happen all the time? What location/s?

The sound quality is always poor. Time and location make zero difference. 

3. Does this happen on both incoming and outgoing calls?

Yes. 

4. Does turning off Advance calling help?

I don't have an advanced calling setting. 

Further information: I'm based in Australia using the Telstra network through Southern Phone. I transfered the SIM from my old Samsung Galaxy Express, which uses the same network and has very clear sound, despite being a cheaper phone. 

As I use this phone for work and taking client briefs, it's kind of important that the sound quality is decent. 

And while I'm here - when can we expect the dual SIM feature to work on the Moto G5 in Australia? I was advised some time ago an update would be released to allow this model to function using both 3G & 4G enabled SIM cards since the 2G network has been discontinued. 

Sanjaykumarv
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,259
Message 59 of 69

am having the same issue while making calls. People on the other end of the call have problem understading what i say and the sound is too low..
Sanjey
BertP
Paper Tape
Views: 1,185
Message 60 of 69

Same problem here. Bought thé phone one month ago. I am using thé phone for my work buth it is almost unpossible to have a desent conversation. Putting mobile data off when calling aint an option. Always using thé Proximus network. Hoping it Will ben fixt soon, Else I am obliged to return thé phone....

Top Kudoed Authors