04-12-2018 09:36 AM
I can't get any sd card to work with Moto G5 Plus. I tried three different Sandisk cards and one Nokia card with the same result. However I can confirm that those cards work perfectly fine on my other devices and on PC. In the beginning the phone did not recognize SD cards at all. After few reseats it started recognizing sd cards with either "Unsupported Sandisk MincroSD card" or "Corrupted SD card". When tapping and trying to fix, it throws error after few seconds. I tried this hack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMLNilqZaQg but it did not work for me. Need help.
04-12-2018 12:15 PM
Thanks for posting. Are those a brand new sd card? I would suggest testing your sd card while the phone is in the safemode.
To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.
6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.
*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
04-13-2018 10:58 AM
I tried four different Sandisk cards varying from 8 to 64GB. I also tried Nokia 2GB sd card.
When trying to format I am getting quickly disappearing error "command '15 volume partition disk:179.64 public' failed with '400 15 Command failed". Those number values change every time but the message is pretty much the same.
04-20-2018 12:50 PM
If the card is working fine with other devices and the card meets the requirements or should be compatible with your phone, there could be a software or a hardware issue on your phone we can confirm that by doing factory data reset without automatic restore. Please follow the link. Make sure you backed up your data prior to doing so.
07-07-2019 04:37 PM
Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue with a Moto G5 (dual SIM). I have tried restarting in safe mode and the problem persists. Are you able to provide a solution? Unfortunately my phone is not under guarantee anymore so I can't go for the same solution as goro10.