Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

04-16-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

25 Signins

328 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 328
  • Message 1 of 2

G5, Power Button intermittent working - wearing out? Repair?

2021-07-21, 9:51 AM

I am having problems with my G5 power button not always responding, making it hard to turn on and off, and it is gradually getting worse.

I suspect this is simply due to wear and use, as my G5 is over 4 years old now.  Maybe the electrical contacts are wearing out?

I contacted Motorola support to get a price for repair but they refuse to even give an estimate without me mailing my phone to them.  If I did that it would cost me a minimum "booking" fee since it is well out of warranty, and I would be without it for maybe 7 days (or possibly more).

This must be a standard problem so the repair ought to be a standard one too, if repair is possible.

Has anyone had this done?   Maybe everyone replaces their phones more often than me!

Help appreciated.  Thanks.

Options

3813 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

580 Signins

46317 Page Views

• Views: 46317
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:G5, Power Button intermittent working - wearing out? Repair?

2021-07-22, 21:37 PM

Hi hircum,

Sorry to hear your phone's power button is not working. I understand this may be hard that it's no longer working. This is the option you are offered to get your device repaired. You may check this link to see information on how you can get your device repaired.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms