Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freckles101
Paper Tape
Views: 1,254
Message 11 of 16

Re: G5 plus Hotspot not working

I don't get any error whatsoever. It allows me to sign into the phone's WiFi network from my tablet, but then nothing loads. I'm in the UK so not the same networks etc but I've never had any issue with tethering before and am on an unlimited data plan. Why would lenovo put unnecessary restrictions on their phones that no other phone company I've used has done before this? If this is what they're doing, I won't be buying any more from them and there are 4 lenovo phones currently in use in my household.

acejavelin
Token Ring
Views: 1,250
Message 12 of 16

@freckles101 wrote:

I don't get any error whatsoever. It allows me to sign into the phone's WiFi network from my tablet, but then nothing loads. I'm in the UK so not the same networks etc but I've never had any issue with tethering before and am on an unlimited data plan. Why would lenovo put unnecessary restrictions on their phones that no other phone company I've used has done before this? If this is what they're doing, I won't be buying any more from them and there are 4 lenovo phones currently in use in my household.

Lenovo/Moto doesn't put any restriction on it that are not imposed by the carrier or local laws, but that doesn't seem to be your issue.

Have you tried a Network Settings Reset?

Some devices don't like the default WiFi SSID, try changing it to "HotSpot123" or something simple with no spaces or punctuation marks. Try changing the encryption type from WPA2 to none and restest (you will likely have to "Forget" the network on your tablet and reconnect). Try changing the band from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz or vis-versa, some devices may not like one band over the other. 

Ebtyde5
Paper Tape
Views: 388
Message 13 of 16

I have the same issue. Here's what I discovered.  AT&T had Motorola put a line of code in the build prop to force users to pay for a subscription to tethering/hotspot. I filed a complaint with the FCC. Motorola support is useless regarding this issue.

Tissuuu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 62
Message 14 of 16

Hotspot stopped working for laptop internet connection on T-Mobile after Oreo updated on 11-25-18. Had worked fine until then. Have tried channel reset to 5 from2.4, nothing works. Have cleared cache, done all suggested fixes. It's a Motorola /Lenovo problem being rather hidden as it's been hard to find again on forums. Please fix as it's one reason I bought the phone, now nearly useless as hundreds have posted.

WoodenLeg
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 37
Message 15 of 16

If you can connect to the wifi created by the phone but not tethering (internet connection), you may want to check the apn settings.

Open "apn type" field and make sure the list of definitions includes ",dun" without quote marks (comma and dun altogether). If not, add it in the end without space before it. It stands for Dial Up Network. 

That solved my hot spot tethering problems. You can google it for an explanation.

Please report back.

Tissuuu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 29
Message 16 of 16

Thanks but not the problem. Connects but no internet after Oreo update. Have tried all fixes submitted on forums. 100s of others listed same issues on many different phones all linked to update. So angry I trusted the poor update. Impossible to even find the related issues purposely search hidden by Motorola/ Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors