Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blueyesdj
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 1 of 2

G5 plus data not working but wifi does

My husband and I both have the g5 plus.  His phone stopped making calls, text, and no data even though everything else including wifi works.  After hours on phone with Page Plus, it was determined that the phone was the issue and not the service provider. Less than 24 hours later my phone will not recognize data even though the wifi will work. I can still receive calls and texts.  Anyone having the same issue????  Seems funny both phones had similar problems within 24 hours . We factory reset both phones and still not fixed.  

OneFore9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 2 of 2

Re: G5 plus data not working but wifi does

What happens if you swap SIM cards between phones? Does the problem stay with the phone that doesn't work? If his phone now works with your SIM, and your phone no longer works with his, then either the SIM has failed or there is an issue with PagePlus. PagePlus has made some changes to their service recently, and some users have been experiencing loss of data, as PagePlus is claiming users have exhausted their allotment even though they haven't been using any. You may get more assistance at HowardForums, under the US MVNO / PagePlus section.

I have my doubts that both phones are the problem. My guess is that PagePlus messed something up on their end. This is an AmericanMovil company, so using "customer service" in the same sentence is an oxymoron. Can you verify both accounts are in good standing, and have sufficient balances for use?

Top Kudoed Authors