Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giangi
SCSI Port
Views: 452
Message 1 of 3

Google Auto (Android Auto) problems with Renault R-Link after 8.1 Oreo update

Onestly I'm not sure if this is a problem with Oreo on Moto G5+ or with the car firmware... anyway here you are...

I own a Renault Megane Sporter and never ever had problem using Google Auto connected to the Renault's R-Link 2 system before Oreo 8.1!

After the update I have (so far) two problems:

• incoming calls (with Android Auto activated and phone cable connected) are auto-answered immediately! No rings and no need to press the answer button... I just cannot avoid answering...
  • with Android 7.0 when leaving Android Auto going back to R-Link main menu I was still able to see "just a navigation arrow and distance to next turn", now nothing and "0 m" as distance. Of course I do not have a picture when working but here how it looks now
    2018-12-19 08.39.21.jpg

For the first problem I didn't find any "auto-answer" option neither on the car neither on the phone, for the second problem I'm almost sure it's a Renault side one...

Ciao,
Giangi
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 341
Message 2 of 3

Re: Google Auto (Android Auto) problems with Renault R-Link after 8.1 Oreo update

Hi Giangi,

Thanks for posting and sharing additional information. Let me try to help you here, just to narrow down—can we unpair the device > perform 'Clear Cache/Data' on the 'Android Auto' app > Uninstall any update on the app > Force stop > Uninstall the app > Reboot your device > Install the 'Android Auto' app again > Pair your device and observe. 

You can also try changing the cable too— if that makes any difference? Hope this helps! 

Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Giangi
SCSI Port
Views: 314
Message 3 of 3

Re: Google Auto (Android Auto) problems with Renault R-Link after 8.1 Oreo update

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

You can also try changing the cable too— if that makes any difference? Hope this helps! 

Let us know how it goes?

Actually the second problem has been solved by the latest Maps update! Now on the main R-Link screen I do have the "simple navigation" from Android Auto when active:

2019-01-11 08.17.22.jpg

For the first problem (automatically answering without ringing) I did more testing after the Google Maps update and found that even without cable and Android Auto active (so only Bluethoot using the R-Link system) calls are auto-answered... Smiley Indifferent

I'm almost sure to have already tried the re-paring, but I will give it another try just to be sure!

Ciao,
Giangi
Top Kudoed Authors