Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-08-2017

India

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 14

Google photos not showing camera photos

2017-04-08, 12:32 PM

Photos/screenshot/WhatsApp download/videos not getting visible in Google photos application. Application gets hanged suddenly, this issue appears 2-3 times in a day & gets resolve Everytime after reset. 

Please recommend the solution for this issue.

Options

4559 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

619 Signins

51152 Page Views

• Views: 51152
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: Google photos not showing camera photos

2017-04-10, 15:15 PM

wrote:

Photos/screenshot/WhatsApp download/videos not getting visible in Google photos application. Application gets hanged suddenly, this issue appears 2-3 times in a day & gets resolve Everytime after reset. 

Please recommend the solution for this issue.

Hi Bagveamrut,

How do you reset your phone? Have you tried to put it in safe mode? 

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

8 Posts

01-07-2014

United States of America

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 3 of 14

2018-02-16, 0:56 AM
I've restarted my device, and also tried the boot into safe mode recommendation, but this issue remains. In both the photo app and in checking the file manager app (for the device folders containing the image files that are curiously replaced by useless gray blocks where picture thumbnails should show pictures rather than blocks).
Why should it be necessary to boot to safe mode or reset my device just to see pictures that otherwise should appear inside the photos app which were taken with the camera app?

I don't want to reset my phone (for the fifth time in 7 months). I don't want to spend my time copying files or uploading them to keep from losing them either. Nor do I want or even like the idea of having to set everything back up like I have it set up.

If this is a glitch, Motorola needs to repair it. If it's my error, I could use some advice on how to fix the problem I may have inadvertantly caused. And, please, take into consideration that I don't wish to reset my device.
Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

Saint Martin (French part)

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 4 of 14

2018-02-16, 7:21 AM

Are your photo's stored on a SD card ?   if the card is slow sometimes they are not visible in the app if it take to long...  Same as your online pictures if your connection is to slow.

Most of the time is just selecting the right folder in the app all it need to show the foto's.  Here the app shows the cloud first, I have to select the local folder if I want to see what is on the device itself.  (that is just my settings)

Options

2 Posts

03-10-2018

Australia

11 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 5 of 14

2018-03-10, 21:34 PM

Hi -first time poster - my g5plus has the same/similar issue. I take photos with the camera and they immediately appear in the photos icon on the photos - suddenly last week i take photos and they DONT appear in the photos icon - i click to open it and there are all my photos but not any new ones since last week - have I accidently changed some setting ??? I dont see the new photos on the SD card either - both internal and SD card storage is low so there is plenty of room - any ideas on where they would go or is it a photo fault?? thanks.

Options

3 Posts

04-08-2017

India

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 6 of 14

2018-03-11, 3:42 AM

Yes..I have tried it multiple times but issue still persists. In the month of Feb this issue appeared 6-7 times. Resetting phone in safe mode is not the solution, request you to come up with the final full proof resolution for the same.

Options

21 Posts

03-14-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 7 of 14

2018-03-14, 15:04 PM

I've had this problem since the beginning. The "work-around" is to reset the phone forcing a media rescan. A quicker work-around is to clear the data of the Media Storage Android system app (Settings > Apps -> [show-system] -> Media Storage. Select Clear data).

However, it's all very frustrating when trying to see the photos one's just taken. I'm somewhat glad that other G5 users are having this problem--I've been trying to find a solution in the Android forums, but no luck--probably because it's only Lenovo's G5 having this problem.

Just to restate the problem:

Camera works fine after reboot for a short time (1 day? 3 days?)... then eventually, it stops recognizing the existence of new photos--they're saved on the media, but the system won't recognize them until the next reboot (or clearning the media storage data).

I've tried:

• looking for a .nomedia file (none exists)
  • switching the storage to sd card (no improvement)
  • running a rescan app (no change)

LENOVO: PLEASE PATCH THIS ERROR.

Options

21 Posts

03-14-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

182 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2018-08-14, 15:13 PM

By any chance, do people with this problem use an app called iSyncr? or Rocket Player? or PlayerFM? I noticed that after not using the iSyncr app for a while, everything works fine. However, once running and syncing with it, my new phone-camera photos no longer show up until either I reboot or clear the MediaStorage app's storage. Also, my PlayerFM stops downloading new podcasts while the phone is in this state, so it's not just the Moto camera app--it's that the media storage files got screwed up by something.

Just trying to see if there's an offending app that doesn't play well on this particular platform or perhaps with another Moto app (since apps that make trouble on all platforms likely would be reported/fixed).

Options

7 Posts

08-13-2018

Brazil

3 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 9 of 14

2018-08-14, 17:15 PM

Go to settings, backup folders and select the folders that aren't being displayed

Options

21 Posts

03-14-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

182 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2018-08-14, 18:19 PM
Not sure what this comment is referring to.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms