Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PumaPerez
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 1 of 6

GooglePay not working after update

Hi,

i updated my phone to the OPS28.85-17 successfully, but i had some wifi disconnections, so i tried factory reset. Wifi problems seems to be gone, but upon GooglePay setup i got message that my phone was rooted or modified in other way and i cannot add the card. Phone was never rooted, never had unlocked bootloader or modified in any other way. Updated through official OTA update. After some google searching i found out that my device is not certified in Google Play app. Also tried SafetyNet Test app and i get failed error in CTS profile match.

I googled some advices:

-cleared cache and data of play store - no change

-uninstalled playstore, so newest version could be installed - no change

-cleared phone cache in recovery - no change

-installed Device ID app, so i can manualy register with google with GSF number - no change

-factory reset again -no change

All google apps or services works fine, only google pay cannot be used for some reason. Any ideas what might be the problem? I have my serial number in the profile and i am ok with you looking into my phone remotely.

It would be very appreciated if you could help me, NFC payments was one of the reasons i bought this phone.

Thank you,

Richard

PumaPerez
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 2 of 6

Re: GooglePay not working after update

please?

PumaPerez
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 3 of 6

I tried Lenovo Moto Smart Assisstant, but under Flash tab my device show as Moto G5 Plus as unsupported? How is this possible?

Btw it is five days since i started this thread. Is this how Motorola imagine the support should looks like these days?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 80
Message 4 of 6

@PumaPerez wrote:

I tried Lenovo Moto Smart Assisstant, but under Flash tab my device show as Moto G5 Plus as unsupported? How is this possible?

Btw it is five days since i started this thread. Is this how Motorola imagine the support should looks like these days?

Hi PumaPerez,

Thank you for reporting. sorry about the delay in response, apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. We have your device serial number, let me take a look at this.

In the meantime could you help us with a few screenshots showing an error on your Smart Phone and Moto Smart Assistance tool— we would like to take a look.

Also, may I know if you were using 'Google Pay' before the update or is the first time you are trying? Did you try to reach the Google Support team on this? If not, please get in touch with them once and let us know what they say about this?

• Just to confirm, when you say you have performed Factory Data Reset on your device— was it without restoring any apps? 
  • Have you sideloaded the software by any chance or did you receive via official notification?

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

PumaPerez
Paper Tape
Views: 54
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

here is the screenshot from LMSA: 

If i go to rescue in LMSA and try to put my phone in bootloader as instructed it says the same, that device is unsupported.

I used Google Pay just fine for few months before. On nougat and also on OPS28.85-13 i had before. I didnt contact google, since it is very hard to get in touch with them in the first place. But i will try my best to contact them.

I tried factory reset two times. First one was with backup settings, but that was when i recognized the problem. So i tried second time with setting up device as the whole new one. WIth the same result.

I did update by putting the official OTA in my internal memory and system recognize it as genuine and allow me to update. So yeah, you can say it was kind of sideloaded, but the update was official. I never unlocked or root my phone, never flashed anything. Everything is stock.

[Picture Removed]

other screenshots:

device not certified in play store: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l18y0cf3yysqkpi/Screenshot_20181113-202428.png?dl=0

google pay error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu9rucsa6fanit1/Screenshot_20181113-202735.png?dl=0

SafetyNet failed test: https://www.dropbox.com/s/246x4w18n2taxaq/Screenshot_20181113-203419.png?dl=0

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 47
Message 6 of 6

Hi PumaPerez,

Thank you for sharing additional information, as your device was sideloaded, unfortunately, the next option would be to send your device for repair.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors