Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majikthyse
Paper Tape
Views: 433
Message 1 of 9

Groundhog day for Android update.

I just bought a factory reset Moto G5. When booted up it offered an Android update, which I accepted. It went through the process and at the end of it, while it said the OS was now updated, it was in fact exactly the same version. Now the phone keeps offering the update, but never getting there. The Android version is 7.0, although the update offered is just security patches and not a new version. What's going on?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 305
Message 2 of 9

Re: Groundhog day for Android update.

@Majikthyse wrote:

I just bought a factory reset Moto G5. When booted up it offered an Android update, which I accepted. It went through the process and at the end of it, while it said the OS was now updated, it was in fact exactly the same version. Now the phone keeps offering the update, but never getting there. The Android version is 7.0, although the update offered is just security patches and not a new version. What's going on?

Thanks for reporting, we would like to learn more about this. Please help us with the screenshot of the update you are receiving? Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? This will help us investigate. 

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

Majikthyse
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 3 of 9

IMEI is [Removed]

Screen shots attached in 4 posts (it seems I am only allowed one per post). You can see the sequence from the time stamp. The first one is when checking for updates. The last one is after the supposed update.

Edited: IMEI for privacy!

Majikthyse
Paper Tape
Views: 290
Message 4 of 9

Majikthyse
Paper Tape
Views: 286
Message 5 of 9

Majikthyse
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 6 of 9

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 128
Message 7 of 9

Sorry about the delay, it looks like you have received two updates on your device—the previous version was 'May Security Patch' and the next one was July (NPPS25.137-93-14). Were you able to install the second one?

Could you send us the screenshot of the current update you have one your device? Are you still receiving the updates?

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Majikthyse
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 8 of 9

Screenshot is the same as the last one posted earlier. Version NPPS25.137-93-14. Same message - new system software available. But suddenly it worked! Now it is offering upgrade to Android 8.1. Somehow the logjam has released.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 107
Message 9 of 9

@Majikthyse wrote:

Screenshot is the same as the last one posted earlier. Version NPPS25.137-93-14. Same message - new system software available. But suddenly it worked! Now it is offering upgrade to Android 8.1. Somehow the logjam has released.

Great, thanks for updating us. Glad you received the update.Smiley Happy

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors