cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pulkitkumawat
Paper Tape
Views: 4,516
Message 1 of 8

Haptic feedback disables and enables automatically and frequently in Moto g5 plus

In my new Moto g5 plus the vibration feedback when I type in the keyboard or touch the fingerprint sensor automatically deactivates for sometime and then magically appear back.. I m facing this problem of very frequent toggle of haptic feedback.. there is no option provided to stop this.. THIS IS VERY IRRITATING , I NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,415
Message 2 of 8

Re: Haptic feedback disables and enables automatically and frequently in Moto g5 plus

Hi Pulkitkumawat,

You can turn off these vibrations through Settings> Sound> Other Sounds>  Toggle off Touch Sounds and Vibrate on tap and see if that would help.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

akkithakur
What's DOS?
Views: 304
Message 3 of 8

Re: Haptic feedback disables and enables automatically and frequently in Moto g5 plus

Dude its not working cause we want haptic feedback not to be stop this....
Kphouston
Paper Tape
Views: 4,121
Message 4 of 8

Hi Jess.. That didn't help.. Still vibration. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,086
Message 5 of 8

Hi Kphouston,

Have you tried to put it in safe mode? Have you tried to use different keyboard app and see if that would help?

To put it in safe mode, press and hold the power button until Power Off option appears on the screen. Press and hold the Power Off option until it Reboots to Safe Mode, then press OK.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Venky98
Paper Tape
Views: 2,042
Message 6 of 8

Hi

I'm still facing this issue, the vibrate on tap goes on and off again. This usually turns off when the phone is used continuously. And in safe mode it's the same case. Please revert back soon. I think an update would fix the issue.

JimmyDeemo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,784
Message 7 of 8

I am having a similar problem myself. This is the 2nd thread I have found on the issue.

It only started happening recently, I've had my phone for around 6 months. When typing away at an SMS the haptic feedback just stops. Then there is no vibration at all. When you lock the phone, when you press the volume down until vibrant is on, not even when you hold the power button down to turn off. All of these actions would vibrate the phone.

It's as if whatever controls the vibration has just disconnected. After a while of the phone being locked it would come back.

Any advice much appreciated.

Burgman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 29
Message 8 of 8

My G5 has just started doing this random turning off of the feedback haptic key press vibration.

As you are typing it suddenly stops vibrating, this also includes the three back, home, recent keys and the fingerprint sensor. Sometimes it suddenly returns as you type.

I'm on Android 8.1 and the latest Moto software that has recently been updated.

If I reboot, it returns to normal but then randomly deactivates as you type.

This whole message has been typed with no haptic feedback.

I've had this phone for nearly two years and never had this issue, so can only assume it's a recent software update bug?

Top Kudoed Authors