Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pAcMan9090
Blue Screen Again
Views: 853
Message 1 of 9

Hard bricked Moto G5

Any help on how to unbrick Moto G5. Im using the XT1677 variant. I tried flashing some programmer files, but it doesnt work as it requires signed programmer files. It shows up as 'Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008' port (Download mode) on PC and blinks the LED when connected. I've downloaded the official firmware. But it does'nt contain any programmer or boot files. Any help/support would be appreciated.

Former Employee
Views: 806
Message 2 of 9

Re: Hard bricked Moto G5

@pAcMan9090 wrote:

Any help on how to unbrick Moto G5. Im using the XT1677 variant. I tried flashing some programmer files, but it doesnt work as it requires signed programmer files. It shows up as 'Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008' port (Download mode) on PC and blinks the LED when connected. I've downloaded the official firmware. But it does'nt contain any programmer or boot files. Any help/support would be appreciated.

We never suggest sideloading/modding your device. However, you can try the LMSA tool to recover or flash the file. 

For more information on 'How to use Lenovo Moto Smart Assistance Tool' please click here.

Hope this helps! If not, service/repair would be the next logical option.

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
pAcMan9090
Blue Screen Again
Views: 726
Message 3 of 9

I think I mentioned the term 'hard bricked', which essentially means the device cannot boot, not even into the bootloader. I believe the emmc had been corrupted. And most importanly the Assistant stuff was not helping

marc1969
What's DOS?
Views: 302
Message 4 of 9

Try to boot from SD, minimal size 32Gb.FAT32

Download file mmcblk0, unzip and flash with win32 diskimager.

Put SD in phone and it will boot into fastboot.

Now flash firmware

Done!

Warning! you will loose all your data.

pAcMan9090
Blue Screen Again
Views: 297
Message 5 of 9

Hey, thanks for the reply. Luckily I got it back from booting the mmc via SD. But now the network went offline. I tried flashing different basebands, with no luck. Anyhow the IMEI shows up right. Any ideas on this?

Marcv1969
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 6 of 9

@pAcMan9090 wrote:

Hey, thanks for the reply. Luckily I got it back from booting the mmc via SD. But now the network went offline. I tried flashing different basebands, with no luck. Anyhow the IMEI shows up right. Any ideas on this?

Are you on Oreo? Ik had the same problem on Android 7 but when i flashed 8.1 everything was fine.

pAcMan9090
Blue Screen Again
Views: 256
Message 7 of 9

Yes I am using Lineage OS with 8.1 oreo. Its got to be either the baseband or the EFS. 

Marcv1969
Paper Tape
Views: 246
Message 8 of 9

Maybe you should flash to Oreo stock rom first. 

pAcMan9090
Blue Screen Again
Views: 146
Message 9 of 9

Hey are you on G5? If so can you send me a backup of your Persist and EFS via TWRP. I think I might have found a way.
Top Kudoed Authors