IN

4 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 3

Have issues with my Moto G5 plus ringtone bell

2019-01-24, 6:52 AM

Hi all, 

I'm currently usjng the moto G5 plus phone. I have set a custom ringtone. However when I receive a call the ringtone seems to play only till some physical disturbance is encountered. The ringtone gets immediately silenced and the phone just vibrates for the rest of the incoming call, just as the phone is picked up or even slightly moved. The moment the phone is lifted by my hand from the table , the ringtone stops playing and phone goes in vibration mode.

I've tried looking for sound/ringtone settings as well as gesture controls, but I am not able to find a solution. 

Can someone please help me here? This is a very annoying problem. Sometimes my phone doesn't ring fully and I miss important calls!

Options

1044 Posts

10-08-2015

IN

1597 Signins

33668 Page Views

• Views: 33668
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Have issues with my Moto G5 plus ringtone bell

2019-01-24, 7:11 AM

wrote:

Hi all, 

I'm currently usjng the moto G5 plus phone. I have set a custom ringtone. However when I receive a call the ringtone seems to play only till some physical disturbance is encountered. The ringtone gets immediately silenced and the phone just vibrates for the rest of the incoming call, just as the phone is picked up or even slightly moved. The moment the phone is lifted by my hand from the table , the ringtone stops playing and phone goes in vibration mode.

I've tried looking for sound/ringtone settings as well as gesture controls, but I am not able to find a solution. 

Can someone please help me here? This is a very annoying problem. Sometimes my phone doesn't ring fully and I miss important calls!

Hi JayasreeRaja,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try these below checkpoints, few more information & let us know.

1. Did you check with different Ringtones? 

2. How long does current Ringtone plays, what is the size of the Ringtone? 

3. Did you ever enable "Pick up to stop ringing" option if so try these steps? Tap on Settings>>App & notifications>>App info>>Moto actions>>Storage>>Clear data/Clear Cache. (Reboot the device)

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Options

1696 Posts

03-04-2016

IN

1019 Signins

34435 Page Views

• Views: 34435
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Have issues with my Moto G5 plus ringtone bell

2019-01-24, 7:16 AM

wrote:

Hi all, 

Hi JayasreeRaja,

Thanks for posting,

Can you test in Safe Mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe Mode will start the device without third-party applications running. To boot into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe Mode appears. Restart the device to get out of Safe Mode here is the link. Also, try clearing the Cache files and Data for the Moto as well and see if that helps. 

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete