Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 17 (1,094 Views)

Heating Issue

I bought G5 plus from flipkart. My problem is device is getting hot in normal operations like using internet on wifi. and of couse it get more hotter while gaming... Temperature reaches to 42°C... Is it normal or Should I replace it from the flipkart?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 17 (1,061 Views)

Re: Heating Issue

Sieverus wrote:

I bought G5 plus from flipkart. My problem is device is getting hot in normal operations like using internet on wifi. and of couse it get more hotter while gaming... Temperature reaches to 42°C... Is it normal or Should I replace it from the flipkart?

What you describe is normal.  

Using the internet is actually very heavy cpu usage. Browsing the web runs all kinds of javascript and other heavy code.  Open a few tabs on a laptop and listen to the fan kick on. 

It is a misconception that web browsing is a light activity. It is second only to gaming in cpu and ram usage for most people. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 17 (1,047 Views)

Yeah, I know that. But I have rubber back case on it though it gets that much hot that casing also feels hot... Temp. reaches to 42. So is it normal?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 17 (1,037 Views)

Sieverus wrote:

Yeah, I know that. But I have rubber back case on it though it gets that much hot that casing also feels hot... Temp. reaches to 42. So is it normal?

Still normal. 42 is not close to over heating. If phone gets to hot, it will warn you and then it will shut down apps, then shut down phone. But it will warn you. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 17 (1,030 Views)

Ohk... Thanks for faster reply... I was just worried as I never used the metal back phone and never faced this kind of thing. Though one suggestion for the Moto Software Update team, Please try to look for this kind of thing and add some patch or something like that in next software update to reduce this warmness.
Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 17 (949 Views)

I think it is not noraml to have temp. 38 to 40 C while device is not being used right? Even if I am not using it and its in pocket it feels warm even there is a rubber back cover which also get warm and I can feel that warmness. Is it really ok to have that warm back?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 17 (932 Views)

Sieverus wrote:

I think it is not noraml to have temp. 38 to 40 C while device is not being used right? Even if I am not using it and its in pocket it feels warm even there is a rubber back cover which also get warm and I can feel that warmness. Is it really ok to have that warm back?

Just because you are not using it, doesnt mean that some app is not running.  Or if signal is weak, phone will be warm. 

Have you looked at battery stats screens? There are 2.  Tap on first graph to see second graph. If awake bar is more then screen on, then something is running. If signal is not green all the time, more power is used.  

Your phone is warm because something is uisng battery. If a signal issue, you may not be able to fix it. Signal issues can be due to cases too. 

WWAN
Message 8 of 17 (929 Views)

DON'T POST ANY QUERIES REGARDING OVERHEATING. PHONES CAN TAKE CARE OF ITSELF.

IT'S SUMMER TIME AND 50°C NORMAL.

Devil
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 17 (916 Views)

Hoshang wrote:

DON'T POST ANY QUERIES REGARDING OVERHEATING. PHONES CAN TAKE CARE OF ITSELF.

IT'S SUMMER TIME AND 50°C NORMAL.

Please dont type in all caps.  See forum rules https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704

WWAN
Message 10 of 17 (822 Views)

Well I Know Forum Rules, and posting anything with Caps On, considered as Rudeness, But Sometimes Important Note Too, Like we have in Software License Agreement.
Devil
Top kudoed Authors