Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-17-2017

Netherlands

9 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 1 of 4

High Cell standby battery usage - G5 Plus

2017-04-17, 17:02 PM

Hey guys,

I've been using the Moto G5 plus for about a week now and I'm really happy with it. I have however found a problem, which I think is a bug in the software. I have two sim cards installed but usually the second one is disabled since I only use that for data. However, I noticed that the battery life wasn't as great as I've seen online. When I went into the battery statistics it showed Cell standby using 30% of my battery with 99% time without signal. On my old Moto G2 I was running the exact same setup in the same location with really good reception. On which I've never seen Cell standby using more than 10%. I've also tried it with both sims enabled this last two days and the battery drain has gone down significantly and also shows 0% time without signal. I've included screenshots of my battery usage.

Since it drains less battery with only one of the two sims enabled and seems to be always looking for a signal for the disabled sim, it seems to me that this can be resolved with a software update. But I'm interested to see what you guys think.

Options

3454 Posts

10-05-2016

Philippines

535 Signins

43792 Page Views

• Views: 43792
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: High Cell standby battery usage - G5 Plus

2017-04-17, 17:23 PM

Hi heethoofd,

It clear stated there that you have a low signal strength or no signal in your area which shows that your signal to red color. The more the phone is in a low signal strength, the more your phone needs more power to look for a good signal which makes it drain fast. If you are not expecting for a call or a text message, you may turn on Airplane mode to save battery as it seems like you use wifi for some time.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

04-17-2017

Netherlands

9 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-04-17, 17:46 PM

As you can see on the screenshots, I always had full bars. Also both my tests with one and two sim cards have been in the exact same location which has good reception since I'm very close to the tower, therefore there should not be a difference in reception/battery usage. If anything having two sims enabled should yield higher battery usage due to being connected to two different networks.

Options

53 Posts

03-22-2017

India

160 Signins

1825 Page Views

• Views: 1825
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-06-02, 10:53 AM

wrote:

Hey guys,

I've been using the Moto G5 plus for about a week now and I'm really happy with it. I have however found a problem, which I think is a bug in the software. I have two sim cards installed but usually the second one is disabled since I only use that for data. However, I noticed that the battery life wasn't as great as I've seen online. When I went into the battery statistics it showed Cell standby using 30% of my battery with 99% time without signal. On my old Moto G2 I was running the exact same setup in the same location with really good reception. On which I've never seen Cell standby using more than 10%. I've also tried it with both sims enabled this last two days and the battery drain has gone down significantly and also shows 0% time without signal. I've included screenshots of my battery usage.

Since it drains less battery with only one of the two sims enabled and seems to be always looking for a signal for the disabled sim, it seems to me that this can be resolved with a software update. But I'm interested to see what you guys think.

Check out this solution and see if it helps:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Fix-Battery-Drain-Issue-in-Moto-G5-Plus/m-p/3693817#M5523

Regards,
sas96
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms