Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WoodenLeg
Serial Port
Views: 146
Message 1 of 4

Home screens insensitive to touch

Moto g5 plus is sometimes insensitive to touch on the top row. Cannot launch apps which are placed on top row, spcially in ther right corner.

The issue appears only on home screens, and the screen test passes fine. This occurs maybe 15% of time but I have a feeling it's become worse. It was present already on Nougat, Oreo hasn't cured it.

Any suggestions?

Porphyrius
WWAN
Views: 137
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home screens insensitive to touch

Go Settings>Apps>Google Launcher and see if it's been updated.If it has click on disable and it should offer you to restore the factory version.If it does take this option and restart the phone.With luck that should cure it Smiley Happy

WoodenLeg
Serial Port
Views: 124
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, but Im afraid I dont have a Google Launcher. There's Launcher3 but I can only force it to stop, no factory reset. I tried to stop it but nothing seems to happen. 

So far I have used a workaround to leave the top row empty.

Porphyrius
WWAN
Views: 121
Message 4 of 4

Boot into Safemode

Power button and then long press on the shutdown OK and choose Safemode.If it doesn't do it in there it's most likely a rogue 3rd Pary app.You'll have to do some detective work to find it.

Also my G3 came with Google Launcher which you can get free from the Playstore,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher&hl=en_GB

which you might like better anyway Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors