Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yash-97
Punch Card
Views: 9,551
Message 1 of 16

Hotspot issue on Moto.g5 plus

Since day one of use ,whenever I switch on my wifi hotspot,it switches off automatically after some time...Is dis a software issue?Will it get fixed in a future update?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,411
Message 2 of 16

Re: Hotspot issue on Moto.g5 plus

@yash-97 wrote:

Since day one of use ,whenever I switch on my wifi hotspot,it switches off automatically after some time...Is dis a software issue?Will it get fixed in a future update?

Hi yash-97,

You can try steps below:

1. Clear cache partition

2. Network Settings Reset ( Go to Settings > Backup and Reset > Network Settings Reset. Pair and Test. )

3. Toggle on and off Wifi scanning ( Go to Settings > Location > Tap 3 dots > Tap Wifi Scanning )

4. Test if happens in Safe mode.

Let me know. Hope it will work.

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

AdarshSavant
Core Memory
Views: 8,224
Message 3 of 16

My Moto G5+ bought on 1st July have same issue with built NPN25.137-67. Tried deleting the cache partition, safe mode, factory restored and ...... Tried with default apps but no luck. I think its an hardware issue.

AdarshSavant
Core Memory
Views: 8,223
Message 4 of 16

Tried all the solution but issue not resolved. its a hardware issue. should i replace the handset.
iamdoctorluv
Paper Tape
Views: 7,292
Message 5 of 16

Guys, I bought the Moto G5 Plus this month 'August' and whenever I turn the hotspot on I can't seem to get any data on the other devices, I tried a Samsung Galaxy core prime and a Galaxy Nexus so far, unsuccessful for both.. please help

Highlighted
bnemer
What's DOS?
Views: 6,389
Message 6 of 16

I also tried with several devices with no luck. Was your issue solved?

iamdoctorluv
Paper Tape
Views: 6,385
Message 7 of 16

Nope!, No help thus far..

Bhardwajack
Paper Tape
Views: 4,899
Message 8 of 16

Lenovo G5 plus wifi problem

Hi..all I purchased moto G5 plus phone before 15 days but i face a problem on it. Every time i connect my phone to another hotspot of mi smartphones my phone's wif disconnected continuesly again and again I don't know what to do..
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,869
Message 9 of 16

Re: Lenovo G5 plus wifi problem

@Bhardwajack wrote:
Hi..all I purchased moto G5 plus phone before 15 days but i face a problem on it. Every time i connect my phone to another hotspot of mi smartphones my phone's wif disconnected continuesly again and again I don't know what to do..

Hi Bhardwajack,

We understand how important it is for you to use your hotspot continuously. We're here to help. Kindly try the steps mentioned above. Thanks!

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support

Dann76
Paper Tape
Views: 4,439
Message 10 of 16

Re: Lenovo G5 plus wifi problem

Well I have the same problem. It doesn't look like you have helped anyone yet. Just suggested things that don't work. Seems like you should recall the phones if it is a hardware issue but you guys already have our money and don't care.
Top Kudoed Authors