Asumant
What's DOS?
Views: 865
Message 1 of 7

How to turn off text message content from displaying in notification bar

Hi!

M using moto g5plus

There is this issue m facing with the default messages app 

Whenever i recieve a text message i get notified in the notification bar.however with notification i also see the content of that message.

I want this to stop.

Getting notified of a new message is ok but i dont want the content to be displayed in notification bar to be displayed.

Plz help regarding same.

Current os version is android 8.1.0

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 835
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to turn off text message content from displaying in notification bar

Have you looked in the Messaging app's settings to see there's an option there?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 475
Message 3 of 7

Hi Asumant,

Thank you for posting. You can hide the notification content only in the Lock screen it is not possible when the phone is unlocked. To do enable that option go to Apps > Settings >  Apps and Notifications > Notifications > Lock Screen > Hide sensitive content. Let us know if this helps.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

BAC57
Paper Tape
Views: 214
Message 4 of 7

This must be why I can't take them off my phone G7 Power??? I HATE it! Please change this feature so those of us that don't want it in the status bar don't have to have it there! Some people may like it, but it makes me hate this phone! This is my first Motorola phone and I'm considering returning it to go back to Samsung!

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 209
Message 5 of 7

@BAC57 wrote:

This must be why I can't take them off my phone G7 Power??? I HATE it! Please change this feature so those of us that don't want it in the status bar don't have to have it there! Some people may like it, but it makes me hate this phone! This is my first Motorola phone and I'm considering returning it to go back to Samsung!

Have you tried another SMS app.I use,"Pulse" on one of my phones and I think I only get a brief notification in the Nbar,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.klinker.messenger&hl=en_GB

Also with the paid  version I think you can send SMS from any device Smiley Happy

BAC57
Paper Tape
Views: 192
Message 6 of 7

Yes I just tried it... It bumps me back to system notification settings. They must think the world needs a huge notification with a reply button and everything! It doesn't make using the phone any easier, IMO it's a big inconvenience!!! I don't like it at all....
Highlighted
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 177
Message 7 of 7

@BAC57 wrote:
Yes I just tried it... It bumps me back to system notification settings. They must think the world needs a huge notification with a reply button and everything! It doesn't make using the phone any easier, IMO it's a big inconvenience!!! I don't like it at all....

OK.I may have found a solution for you.

Uninstall pulse and install the other SMS app I use on may main phone called,"QKSMS" which is a sister app to a great Call Blocker app I use called,"Should I Answer" as I hate unsolicited calls,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moez.QKSMS&hl=en_GB

Then QKSMS>3 Bars>Settings>Notifications>Notification Previews and set to none.You should now just get a small,"Q"in the notification  bar.

There are other options to customize in QKSMS to suit your needs and it can backup your text unlike the Stock Android messaging apps and block Spam text if you also use Should-I-Answer I recall Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors