Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-11-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 4

How to undo "forget device" in Bluetooth settings

2018-06-11, 22:11 PM

Hello

I have accidentally clicked "forget" for my Bluetooth headphones and cannot re-pair them again as they're not coming up on the list.

I've tried successfully to pair them with a laptop so it's definitely the phone and not the headphones.

So far I've deleted the bluetooth cache and settings, and retried. Still not showing. Turned the phone and headphones off and on again. Not showing. Forgot the other device (as I read that forgetting all available devices can help) and that's not worked either!

Short of an entire factory reset, which seems an over the top fix for what I would expect to be a fairly straightforward problem - does anyone have any further suggestions?

Thank you!

Options

1154 Posts

04-01-2017

India

2617 Signins

22802 Page Views

• Views: 22802
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: How to undo "forget device" in Bluetooth settings

2018-06-12, 6:26 AM

Are you sure that you turned On the visibility mode in Bluetooth headphones?

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Options

93 Posts

04-16-2018

India

244 Signins

2533 Page Views

• Views: 2533
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-06-13, 13:18 PM

wrote:

Hello

I have accidentally clicked "forget" for my Bluetooth headphones and cannot re-pair them again as they're not coming up on the list.

I've tried successfully to pair them with a laptop so it's definitely the phone and not the headphones.

So far I've deleted the bluetooth cache and settings, and retried. Still not showing. Turned the phone and headphones off and on again. Not showing. Forgot the other device (as I read that forgetting all available devices can help) and that's not worked either!

Short of an entire factory reset, which seems an over the top fix for what I would expect to be a fairly straightforward problem - does anyone have any further suggestions?

Thank you!

Hello,

Try Network Settings Reset and connect with your Bluetooth headphones to see if it re-pairs. 

Thanks,

Lohit

Moto Support

Options

1 Posts

01-14-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-01-14, 2:37 AM

I had this same problem. Our cell phones wouldn't connect to our Bluetooth speaker after having used "forget device" on both phones. It turned out my tablet was turned on also. After turning it off, the phones remembered the speaker. So make sure other devices that had used the Bluetoo device are all turned off.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)