Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tos39m
Paper Tape
Views: 335
Message 1 of 3

How to update Moto G 5 to orelo 8.1 successfully

Hi

since this update was available i was very scared to update from android 7 to android 8.1.

I have red many compalins and problems with the update

But, thanks God, i have been able to update sucessfully and it works marvelously .

First befor updating , please do a reset of your android 7 moto G5 to factory reset

then you enter your wifi code inorder to connect the phone to wifi , and sign your google account  to recover all your contacts.

then immdediately update your android to 8.1

you must first reset your moto g5 android 7 to factory setting, deleting everything making it like a new phone, then  set up your wifi once the factory setting is over, and sign to google to recover your contacts. then you upgrade to 8.1. 

resetting is important before upgrading to 8.1, thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 280
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to update Moto G 5 to orelo 8.1 successfully

@tos39m wrote:

Hi

since this update was available i was very scared to update from android 7 to android 8.1.

But, thanks God, i have been able to update sucessfully and it works marvelously .

First befor updating , please do a reset of your android 7 moto G5 to factory reset

then you enter your wifi code inorder to connect the phone to wifi , and sign your google account  to recover all your contacts.

you must first reset your moto g5 android 7 to factory setting, deleting everything making it like a new phone, then  set up your wifi once the factory setting is over, and sign to google to recover your contacts. then you upgrade to 8.1. 

All phones (every brand) have reports of ugprade nightmares. Most users have no problems. 

A reset is not a requirement to do an upgrade. But if you do have any issues after an upgrade, I recommend a reset and then setup as new. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 240
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to update Moto G 5 to orelo 8.1 successfully

@tos39m wrote:

Hi

I've found the same over the years but usually do the Hard Reset after the update.Either way it clears the phone out of accumulated junk and gives the updates a fighting chance.More problems are caused by old data and incompatible apps than by the Updates themselves IMHO.

People forget that some of their favourite apps may not have been updated for the new Android version and not only may not work but cause the system problems.

Top Kudoed Authors