Views: 2,326
Message 2 of 10

Re: I have a GPS problem in my Moto G5 plus

@Yash52 wrote:

Hello sir

I have a problem in my moto G5 plus mobile.. it's GPS problem so can u help me 

Hi Yash52,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We request you to share us the more information on GPS issue so that we could assist you further accordingly.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Kabuto33
Paper Tape
Views: 2,297
Message 3 of 10

Hi, I have gps problem too!

Since android 8.1.0 update, Google Maps (and HERE weGo also) doesn't work at all. Before the update, the app was excellent and it worked even with "only device" geolocation. Even all other apps and services (like the one that tells you how much time you need to go to work depending on traffic) worked great. 
Now I must use "High precision" geolocation because all apps and services ask me to do that and plus Google Maps doesn't work at all! 
If I open the map my location is quite good (look at the attachment) but, if I try to use it while driving after I set destination and the fastest way to reach it, the navigation never starts and the cursor doesn't follow me. 
The application is always waiting for "find GPS signal" and I don't get directions.
I need to fix It, because right now this app is useless (I alredy tried to reinstall the app).
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,230
Message 4 of 10

@Kabuto33 wrote:

Hi, I have gps problem too!

Since android 8.1.0 update, Google Maps (and HERE weGo also) doesn't work at all. Before the update, the app was excellent and it worked even with "only device" geolocation. Even all other apps and services (like the one that tells you how much time you need to go to work depending on traffic) worked great. 
Now I must use "High precision" geolocation because all apps and services ask me to do that and plus Google Maps doesn't work at all! 
If I open the map my location is quite good (look at the attachment) but, if I try to use it while driving after I set destination and the fastest way to reach it, the navigation never starts and the cursor doesn't follow me. 
The application is always waiting for "find GPS signal" and I don't get directions.
I need to fix It, because right now this app is useless (I alredy tried to reinstall the app).

Hi Kabuto33,

Thank you for sharing the details. We request you to try these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Go to Play Store & check there is an update for Google Maps & HERE WeGo app.

2. We request you to Uninstall the HERE WeGo app and check, how do Google Maps works?   

3. Request you to check with WiFi network connection.

4. Also, set your Location mode as "High accuracy"

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support     

Kabuto33
Paper Tape
Views: 2,190
Message 5 of 10

1. Done, there are no update available

2. Done 

3. Done

4. My location is already on "High accuracy"

Nothing has changed, the problem is still there

Roeland26
What's DOS?
Views: 2,144
Message 6 of 10

same problem: no gps signal. 

the proposed solutions didnt have any effect

Kabuto33
Paper Tape
Views: 2,036
Message 7 of 10

wrote:

same problem: no gps signal. 

the proposed solutions didnt have any effect

Problem solved with hard reset and a clean installation.

MarkV6
Paper Tape
Views: 1,088
Message 8 of 10

Maps does work but Here does not get a GPS fix. Reboot is the only solution but need that every day.

Here locks up lot of times. This is since a update of something.

Rod26
What's DOS?
Views: 606
Message 9 of 10

I can confirm that after the lastest update 8.1.0, OPS28.65-36-11 on my Moto G5S plus, Google maps has become unusable. When I tell it to take me to a location, it instantly knows where I am and will tell me what the next turn is and how far to my destination, but then it gets completely frozen with "Searching for GPS." Tried multiple times with multiple reboots. Please help.

Carpenter014
What's DOS?
Views: 237
Message 10 of 10

I've the problem that my traking does not work (starts between the 19.04.2019 and 25.04.2019). I get only start- and end-point and only few poits from my route (see attached pic) independent which software I use for tracking.

Top Kudoed Authors