Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 55,319
Message 1 of 29

Inserting a SIM Card into the US Moto G5 Plus

All,

I know there has been some confusion floating around the web and on our forums about the SIM tray and how to insert the SIM Card on the Moto G5 Plus. I wanted to take a moment to clarify a couple things.

First, the US version of the Moto G5 Plus is Single-SIM only and does not support Dual-SIM.

Second, below are updated diagrams for how to properly install the SIM card and microSD Card into your Single-SIM Moto G5 Plus.

G5SIM.png

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Tom

suzannealex
What's DOS?
Views: 54,295
Message 2 of 29

Re: Inserting a SIM Card into the US Moto G5 Plus

This is a nightmare.  I cannot move my music from my Samsung Galaxy 5 or my PC over to this awful phone, which is a Moto G 5th gen.  It is the most user unfriendly thing I've ever encountered.  I put in a storage card, and it isn't even recognised.  The slot where the cards insert is horrid.  What a mistake this was.  

Dave1947
Paper Tape
Views: 54,274
Message 3 of 29

Tom,

I might have tossed that little thing in the garbage, or I may have simply lost it, or I never got one.At any rate, I do not have that nasty little tool. I tried using a safety pin but was not successful. The Lenovo and the Motorola websites were no help. Any Suggestions? On the positive side, my battery will last forever since I can't use the phone. 

Drizzle
Paper Tape
Views: 54,008
Message 4 of 29

Compeletely agreed. Bent pins with the stupid SIM/SD crappy tray, so replaced the device and it is still a total wreck: ghost types, freezes, wipes out phone calls and takes lousy substandard pictures.

D400
What's DOS?
Views: 53,094
Message 5 of 29

Hi, my G5 plus is not recognizing the SIM when inserted as shown. Any suggestions? 

Gabysabi
Paper Tape
Views: 52,289
Message 6 of 29

I have a bit the same issue,the display tells my SIM card is locked ,but I got a new one and had the same result even though the phone set up without SIM card works fine.Great phone without connection,well...What to do next?
elw
What's DOS?
Views: 51,878
Message 7 of 29

Because of the confusion of 1 or 2 sim cards for the Moto G5 plus, I wrongly inserted the sim card and it jammed. How do I remove the jammed card? Thanks!

Pegsta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 50,660
Message 8 of 29

Hello Dave1947,

Did u manage to get a replacement key to open yr sim tray ?

PhilG2
What's DOS?
Views: 48,349
Message 9 of 29

Thanks. But this is misleading as I bought a Moto G5 plus in the USA and the instructions for it show TWO sim cards. That should be changed so that in the US, only one sim card is shown as you have done. Thanks. PhilG2 You guys had to replace my smart phone in order to correct this for me. Many phones will be wasted in the US because of this. Please remedy.

Goodthingsahead
Paper Tape
Views: 48,140
Message 10 of 29

I am in the same boat. Instructions were poorly designed for the device I received and now a member of my family is still without a phone because the sim card is stuck without any solutions at this point. I appreciate Tom posting new instructions, but in this case it is too little too late. Only discovered after this update after the card had already become stuck. Please advise how I should proceed?

Top Kudoed Authors