Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loveh2o
Punch Card
Views: 7,389
Message 11 of 29

Re: Inserting a SIM Card into the US Moto G5 Plus

@elw wrote:

Because of the confusion of 1 or 2 sim cards for the Moto G5 plus, I wrongly inserted the sim card and it jammed. How do I remove the jammed card? Thanks!

I was afraid that this would happen to me, since I used a cut sim - I did use the following technique yesterday and it worked.  Look on youtube and you'll see a lot of variations on this method:

How to Get A Stuck Sim Out of Sim Tray

I used a thin strip from a plasticky business card.  

sloopy7036
What's DOS?
Views: 6,556
Message 12 of 29

the SanDisk microSD card will not fit. Are there different sizes? This card fit in my LG phone and all I wanted to do is move it to my Moto G5 phone.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 6,470
Message 13 of 29

@sloopy7036 wrote:

the SanDisk microSD card will not fit. Are there different sizes? This card fit in my LG phone and all I wanted to do is move it to my Moto G5 phone.

It fits fine in my phone. My guess is you have it facing the wrong way.

Tilt the sim tray at an angle under light, and you will see a faint picture etched in the metal showing orientation.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
topodinapoli
Paper Tape
Views: 6,276
Message 14 of 29

So after buying the G 5 Plus I read the instructions.  Nice - takes two  nano SIM cards. Need for nano was not mentioned in the sales offer....   So off to ATT to get them to cut down my micro SIMS to Nano SIMS.  One for the USA and one for Italy where I spend half my time.  NO GO!   Then I find this forum where I learn that the factory instructions are no good.  So now I have ruined my Italian SIM and will have to pay for another when I go to Italy. In the meantime my European SIM  with global service is inop as I travel.  You would think that the instructions would be for the correct phone.  At least you have explained the problem.  So thanks for that.   Why not contact the factory people to change to the correct documentation?

Lovelin
What's DOS?
Views: 5,803
Message 15 of 29

Use a straightened Paper clip. It is stronger and doesn't have a sharp end that can cause damage.

suZQ
What's DOS?
Views: 5,360
Message 16 of 29

The Sim card cannot fit into the Sim card tray in the way it is shown in your illustrations. I have the smallest Sim card, as indicated in the instructions, but it only somewhat fits the tray if i put it vertically, not horizontally, as shown in your pictures. And it sticks up - nothing is holding it onto the tray - it fits but there are no grooves to hold it in.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 5,359
Message 17 of 29

@suZQ wrote:

The Sim card cannot fit into the Sim card tray in the way it is shown in your illustrations. I have the smallest Sim card, as indicated in the instructions, but it only somewhat fits the tray if i put it vertically, not horizontally, as shown in your pictures. And it sticks up - nothing is holding it onto the tray - it fits but there are no grooves to hold it in.

Is your sim card a cut down sim? Also, make sure you are on the proper side of the sim tray. 

I have not had a problem inserting a sim card in any of my moto phones. Either your Sim tray is defective, the card is defective, or cut wrong, or you are putting it in the wrong way. 

If you are still having a problem, i suggest you go to a carrier store, or retail store that sells phones and ask for assistance. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Sergio_Sz
Punch Card
Views: 5,038
Message 18 of 29

@suZQ wrote:

Hi SuZQ.

I have a G5 Plus since last week. I had a cutted SIM and a 16 Gb microSD to insert. After looking at the instructions very carefully on the orientation of the cards and contacts, I could put both in the tray, and slip the tray in, also carefully because both cards has to be in its tray side inserted.

It took some time and care, but I could do it and all cards were recognized by the phone when I turned it on and started the phone setup.

I suggest to look carefully card side and orientation, following instructions and indications on the tray itself. Doing that, you should not have problems. Is not quite user friendly but it can be done. There are a lot of phones out there using this kind of single tray for both cards, this is not Moto exclusive.

Best regards.

Sergio.

Pakito69
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,834
Message 19 of 29

Hi, I bought a moto g5 plus but when i read the instructions in the sim card install section said  dual sim card "optional" but the tray it doesn't have the second space to add sim2, that's mean my device is capable to use two sim cards if i buy a dual sim tray? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,826
Message 20 of 29

@Pakito69 wrote:

Hi, I bought a moto g5 plus but when i read the instructions in the sim card install section said  dual sim card "optional" but the tray it doesn't have the second space to add sim2, that's mean my device is capable to use two sim cards if i buy a dual sim tray? 

No, the phone only supports dula sim if he hardware is there. Go to your imei settings.  Dual sim phones have two imei

Top Kudoed Authors