Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 592
Message 11 of 30

Re: Instagram does not work after update

@figureskaterlor wrote:

Build Number OPPS28.85-13-2 Instagram 73.0.0.22.185

Hi figureskaterlor,

Thanks for sharing additional information, this is odd. We do not see this issue. However, we want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a Bug Report regarding this. Bug Report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take Bug Report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the Bug Report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the Bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
figureskaterlor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 568
Message 12 of 30

I msged you the bug report last week and I am still waiting for a reply as to how I can fix this problem. 

Thanks  

Hardik24
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 13 of 30

I, too, have the same problem. Instagram and facebook are not loading data at all when my moto g5s plus is connected to wifi but everything works fine when mobile data is switched on. This has been happening after the updates from the starting of the month of November.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 533
Message 14 of 30

@figureskaterlor wrote:

I msged you the bug report last week and I am still waiting for a reply as to how I can fix this problem. 

Thanks  

Hi figureskaterlor,

Sorry about the delay, Please be advised that I have shared your Bug Report with our engineer team for further investigation. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 530
Message 15 of 30

@Hardik24 wrote:

I, too, have the same problem. Instagram and facebook are not loading data at all when my moto g5s plus is connected to wifi but everything works fine when mobile data is switched on. This has been happening after the updates from the starting of the month of November.

Hi Hardik24,

Thanks for reporting, Is it just the Instagram and Facebook that has been affected—are other apps working fine? At this point it looks like WiFi issue as it is working fine with Mobile Data. 

However, you can try to reset the router once again and force restart your device to see if that helps?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Hardik24
Paper Tape
Views: 523
Message 16 of 30

Yes, everything is working fine when the phone is connected to the wifi. I tried changing the settings of the router including the channel number but nothing worked.

Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 471
Message 17 of 30

Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 471
Message 18 of 30

Got the fix . Go to settings. Apps . Select Instagram . Go to permission . Uncheck location . Only select storage and Instagram will work . My fix work for me
figureskaterlor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 468
Message 19 of 30

Unfortunately my location was never enabled so it doesn't work for me
Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 475
Message 20 of 30

Got the fix . Go to settings , Apps , Select Instagram , go to permission , Uncheck location , only select storage . This works for me . After my Moto g5s plus was undate to Oreo and Instagram stop working freezes . This fix it . Something with the permission for location cause it to freeze .
Top Kudoed Authors