Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 152
Message 21 of 28

Re: Instagram does not work after update

No you got to uncheck location from setting apps permission . So Instagram will not try to used location . Will not work if you disable location from setting . Instagram will still try to use location and freeze . This happen to me . The only way is to prevent the app from using location is uncheck it from the permission . Disable location from setting will disable the GPS but the apps can still try to use it by wifi or freeze if it cannot find it so you go to settings apps , select Instagram , permission uncheck location so the apps will not try to used it .

figureskaterlor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 147
Message 22 of 28

it's always been unchecked, that isn't what's causing the problem for me
Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 146
Message 23 of 28

Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 145
Message 24 of 28

Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 145
Message 25 of 28

Delroy
Moto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
1 2 3 Next
All Topics Next
Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Delroy
Message 21 of 21
‎01-11-2019 07:34 PM
No you got to uncheck location from setting apps permission . So Instagram will not try to used location . Will not work if you disable location from setting . Instagram will still try to use location and freeze . This happen to me . The only way is to prevent the app from using location is uncheck it from the permission . Disable location from setting will disable the GPS but the apps can still try to use it by wifi or freeze if it cannot find it so you go to settings apps , select Instagram , permission uncheck location so the apps will not try to used it .
figureskaterlor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 141
Message 26 of 28

Is there any update on this? 

I specifically got the phone for this reason and it's been longer than a month

Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 136
Message 27 of 28

My fix go to settings apps select Instagram permission uncheck location . So Instagram app will not try to used location . If you disable location from setting this on your disable the GPS and  the app will try to use wifi and freeze . Does not matter if wifi is on or off . First to disable location from setting  and Instagram freezes because the permission was granted so I uncheck location from setting apps Instagram permission , uncheck location and leave storge check and this works for me .

Delroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 85
Message 28 of 28

My fix works. Install Instagram version 48.0.0.11.98 Beta link  https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/instagram/instagram-instagram/instagram-instagram-48-0-0-11-98-111541-...  Android 8.1 you have to give your file manager permission to install unknown Apps . Go to settings -Apps & Notification - Advance - Special Apps Access - install unknown Apps  . Then select your file manager . Go to your download folder your file manager and install Instagram you download from the above link . Smile Instagram version. 48.0.0.11.97 Beta works.