Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hydeNY
Serial Port
Views: 397
Message 1 of 4

Is it possible to downgrade Android?

Our phone (Unlocked, US Model) turned much slower after the update, sometimes the respones takes a few seconds (to click a link on a website, to switch apps, to start camera, etc..) and this started happening after the 8.0 update.

Is it possible to downgrade it back to older version so that we can just make the phone usable again?

• X220, Intel i5 2540M, 12.5 IPS, BT, FP • S405, AMD A6-4455M •T450S i5-5300U, 12 GB, IPS, BT
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 366
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it possible to downgrade Android?

@hydeNY wrote:

Our phone (Unlocked, US Model) turned much slower after the update, sometimes the respones takes a few seconds (to click a link on a website, to switch apps, to start camera, etc..) and this started happening after the 8.0 update.

Is it possible to downgrade it back to older version so that we can just make the phone usable again?

Have you tried a,"Factory Reset"?

Many times after an O/S update some phones get clogged.A fresh start with the new O/S can cure this.However when I do one I do NOT let the phone automatically install all my apps/settings I set the phone up as if I had just got it.This clears all my accumulated junk.

Back up your phone first then ,

https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/solution/MS116833

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 222
Message 3 of 4

Hi hydeNY,

Also, to answer your topic question, there's no native way to downgrade the Android OS version. Try the suggestions provided and see if it helps. Let us know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
hydeNY
Serial Port
Views: 218
Message 4 of 4

OK, we will  try to reset it to see if that helps the phone run smoother.

Updates should not be in a way that it requires factory reset. For most people it's a very tedious process and some people don't realize that they lose valuable data. Back up is not always the solution since some apps do not restore properly or keep data on servers and completely restoring everything from back up creates other issues with the phone.

If we have to factory reset, we might as well set up everything from scratch, and make sure to keep pictures videos etc in SD card.

• X220, Intel i5 2540M, 12.5 IPS, BT, FP • S405, AMD A6-4455M •T450S i5-5300U, 12 GB, IPS, BT
Top Kudoed Authors