Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
G5-man
Punch Card
Views: 237
Message 1 of 3

Issues after 8.1 Update: Camera problem, icons too small, moto display, fingerprint senso

Hello

I have just installed the 8.1 update. Four things I think need a fix:

1. There is a huge problem with Moto G5 camera software quality and it has been like this the whole time I have owned this phone (1-2 years). Look at the samples I have put here. This was same with Android 7. Can you please fix this already. I have a camera software called Bacon Camera and this camera software doesn't have this problem at all and shots are consistantly good, so I know it is a software problem. With the Moto Camera app the shots are inconsistent sometimes good sometimes very bad. It even seems to take better photos with bigger iso setting.

See this picture and compare left and right shots:

https://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/attachments/lnv/MotoG5thGen/16382/1/combination.jpg

2. Icons in launcher are too small in my opinion for this screen size. They are much smaller after the update than before the update with Android 7. You can make them bigger by adjusting Display size in Settings but this makes other apps appear too large. It would be good if it would at least be an option in the launcher settings to select bigger icons/dpi.

3. Moto display ring color which displays the state of charge is always light blue colour. Also sometimes the moto display appears in landscape mode which it didn't before the update and I think this is a bug because you cannot do this every time you want, it just happens sometimes in random. Before the update in Android 7 the ring changed it's color with the wallpaper and now it doesn't anymore... and before update the moto display was always portrait mode never landscape.

4. The fingerprint sensor is on all the time even in my pocket and sometimes it vibrates in my pocket because of this and sometimes I have to enter the passcode because it has registered so many false attempts on the fingerprint sensor when in pocket. I think to prevent this it should not read fingerpring if you cover the proximity sensor for example when the phone is in pocket. Proximity sensor on my phone is working fine I have checked this. This has to affect battery life also. This was the same in Android 7 before the update.

Marc999
Punch Card
Views: 183
Message 2 of 3

Re: Issues after 8.1 Update: Camera problem, icons too small, moto display, fingerprint senso

Are you experiencing anything else, such as random reboots, phone calls inoperable, as others are reporting?

For example, nobody can hear you and vice versa - essentially even making a 911 call impossible.

I'm still holding off updating to 8.1 until this nonsense is sorted out.
I simply can't live with these type of errors.

Moto G5+ (4gb/64gb) (Retus) - Unlocked
G5-man
Punch Card
Views: 159
Message 3 of 3

Re: Issues after 8.1 Update: Camera problem, icons too small, moto display, fingerprint senso

@Marc999 wrote:

Are you experiencing anything else, such as random reboots, phone calls inoperable, as others are reporting?

For example, nobody can hear you and vice versa - essentially even making a 911 call impossible.

No I don't have any of those problems. I installed the update about a week ago.

But I did do clear cache in settings -> storage and also did cache wipe in recovery after the update.

Top Kudoed Authors