Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yayakc
Paper Tape
Views: 334
Message 21 of 52

Re: Issues after Oreo Update

Sounds very similar to my experience after my detrimental experience with the security update, just a lot more "I understand how you feel". You would enjoy reading the week of emails with executive escalations. One said something to the effect Motorola is not responsible for these problems. I'm trying to get local media involved.
yayakc
Paper Tape
Views: 334
Message 22 of 52

Re: Bad sound quality shortly after Oreo Update

Check the Samsung forums and you will find the same complaints.
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 269
Message 23 of 52

Re: Bad sound quality shortly after Oreo Update

@yayakc wrote:
Check the Samsung forums and you will find the same complaints.

Dozens and dozens of complaints.

tomc0077
Paper Tape
Views: 267
Message 24 of 52

I updated yesterday to OREO- and now phone won't boot up- restarts to where asks PIN -I enter PIN and restarts to where asks for PIN, and repeats this process over and over )- took steps to Factory Reset- and when select that- it starts up to PIN,enter PIN- starts-and again asks for PIN-- completely useless now (G5 Plus)
scumbuster
SCSI Port
Views: 244
Message 25 of 52

@yayakc wrote:
I'm trying to get local media involved.

I am all for that.

scumbuster
SCSI Port
Views: 243
Message 26 of 52

@tomc0077 wrote:
I updated yesterday to OREO- and now phone won't boot up- restarts to where asks PIN -I enter PIN and restarts to where asks for PIN, and repeats this process over and over )- took steps to Factory Reset- and when select that- it starts up to PIN,enter PIN- starts-and again asks for PIN-- completely useless now (G5 Plus)

As Gomer Pyle would have said ---  "Surprise, surprise, surprise!"

Sorry for your trouble and I do not mean to joke about it.....cause I am just as pissed off right now as you probably are.....but yeah....I have been down this road (see my earlier posts) with other phones and its par for the course.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 215
Message 27 of 52

@tomc0077 wrote:

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER.  Disgusting corporate citizen.  Motorola + Lenovo = criminal conspiracy.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 160
Message 28 of 52

@tomc0077 wrote:

Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? This will help us investigate. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 153
Message 29 of 52

@Agent_JM wrote:

@tomc0077 wrote:

Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? This will help us investigate. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

JM,

Please let us know what Motorola is doing about the dozens of other complaints on this forum regarding Oreo 8.1 breaking Moto G5+.  

I have not yet upgraded and wish to do so, but would be insane to before Motorola provides any guidance on how to proceed.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 144
Message 30 of 52

@genacgenac wrote:

@Agent_JM wrote:

@tomc0077 wrote:

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

JM,

Please let us know what Motorola is doing about the dozens of other complaints on this forum regarding Oreo 8.1 breaking Moto G5+.  

I have not yet upgraded and wish to do so, but would be insane to before Motorola provides any guidance on how to proceed.

I moment ago KrisAmigo (What's DOS?) posted a reply to my message and now I don't see it.  Censored?

In any case, Mot is an unconscienable corporate citizen.

Top Kudoed Authors