Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 292
Message 51 of 58

Re: Issues after Oreo Update

@yayakc wrote:

I'm one of the folks who has avoided the Orea update at all costs, since I almost lost my phone when I did the security update. 

My phone was working fine around noon.  When I checked it at 2:00ish because I hadn't received an expected call, it was completely dead.  It has been plugged in for 2+ hours and still nothing, zero, nadda...   It's not even hot.   My guess... Moto forced the update on my phone.  I thought it was a two step process.  Even if they downloaded it,  I thought it gave you another prompt before it would install.    I am so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

So, now I get to call Moto again and talk with someone I can barely understand so  they can  tell me how sorry they are and that they'll give me a refurb because I bought it from Amazon.  Makes me sick!!!!  

If this is fact the case, (died because of forced update)  those of you that keep saying "no thanks" to the update, may want to rethink that strategy (didn't work for me).  If you do the update in a more controlled fashion, following the suggestions on this and the 3 or 4 other blogs on this same topic, you may survive the update.  Just a thought.  

It prompts me to schedule at any point over the next seven days.  I specify today's day of week, one minute ago.  Then I live without fear for 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes.  Point taken, though; I will fup this uck.

scumbuster
SCSI Port
Views: 288
Message 52 of 58

Well, looks like Oreo didnt brick my phone as feared....at least not yet....

But it DID break my Pandora app as it no longer will interface with a blue tooth stereo I have.....

It will connect via bluetooth, only...but not via the pandora app on the device.

Battery still seems to drain faster for me as well.

One app that would not work initially when tryin gto use it each day under Nougat now works OK....so at least there is that. LOL

PaulG1982
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 53 of 58

I'm not getting missed call notifications or voicemail notifications and it also feels like I'm getting fewer calls in general. Like one a day down from three to six. Also, my texts don't send consistently. I use the US Moto g5+, and my carrier AT&T.

JamesChang88
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 54 of 58

The previously installed SD card as "internal storage" shows as "missing" after upgrading to 8.1. All my photos, musics, etc. are gone!

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 214
Message 55 of 58

@JamesChang88 wrote:

The previously installed SD card as "internal storage" shows as "missing" after upgrading to 8.1. All my photos, musics, etc. are gone!

Consider yourself lucky.  At least your phone isn't bricked.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 211
Message 56 of 58

@PaulG1982 wrote:

I'm not getting missed call notifications or voicemail notifications and it also feels like I'm getting fewer calls in general. Like one a day down from three to six. Also, my texts don't send consistently. I use the US Moto g5+, and my carrier AT&T.

Was this after August 1 2018 security patch, or Oreo 8.1 update?  My texts have failed since August and so have have been able to eschew ver 8.1 update.

@PaulG1982

PaulG1982
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 57 of 58

Come to think of it, the text issue prefates the 8.1 update. It feels worse but I don't know if it really is worse.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 183
Message 58 of 58

@PaulG1982 wrote:

Come to think of it, the text issue prefates the 8.1 update. It feels worse but I don't know if it really is worse.

I was not either, until you mentioned it.  Now I am certain.  My message app shows Wait/Exit a lot.  Usually requires a wait of just a few seconds.  A significant number of messages require retry.  I am certain this problem started since summer.  Thanks for your help.

SO, MOTOROLA/LENOVO on the minscule chance your are paying attention, your Aug 1 Security Update ruins messaging, and Oreo 8.1 ruins much else.  Please pretend to be paying attention to these forums and provide any sort of feedback, ideall something meaningful but at this point we'd settle for a few grunting sounds.

Top Kudoed Authors