GT

25 Signins

149 Page Views

• Views: 149
  • Message 1 of 6

Laggy Google and Google Now Launcher

2017-08-20, 15:41 PM

Hi everybody,

I got my G5 Plus almost a month ago and I love it, my 32 ROM/2 RAM version works great even with Real Racing 3. But there is a problem with the Google Bar and Now Launcher...they get amazingly laggy.

Sometimes I use Google, it suddenly freezes and nothing works, also in Now Launcher , the transition freezes or when I'm typing something to search or scrolling down the news, and it also freezes( sometimes the whole Launcher3 process restarts, even the whole phone boots up again) 

I've tried to erase all the search data and Google Now data but it helps just a little bit it continues to laggy when I swipe right to open Now Launcher. 

Is there a way to completely get rid of it? I don't want to return it because of this Google fail.

Regards,

Luismol1999

Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Laggy Google and Google Now Launcher

2017-08-21, 20:50 PM

wrote:

Hi everybody,

I got my G5 Plus almost a month ago and I love it, my 32 ROM/2 RAM version works great even with Real Racing 3. But there is a problem with the Google Bar and Now Launcher...they get amazingly laggy.

Sometimes I use Google, it suddenly freezes and nothing works, also in Now Launcher , the transition freezes or when I'm typing something to search or scrolling down the news, and it also freezes( sometimes the whole Launcher3 process restarts, even the whole phone boots up again) 

I've tried to erase all the search data and Google Now data but it helps just a little bit it continues to laggy when I swipe right to open Now Launcher. 

Is there a way to completely get rid of it? I don't want to return it because of this Google fail.

Regards,

Luismol1999

Hi Luismol1999,

Disabling or uninstalling a pre-installed app may cause performance issues. Can you test to see if this will persist in safe mode? We want to make sure that this is not being caused by a rogue app.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Options

40 Posts

07-22-2011

US

47 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-08-21, 21:41 PM

I have been experiencing the same since the security update on my moto g5 +.  Also accompanied by occaasional reboots.

Options

11 Posts

08-03-2017

GT

25 Signins

149 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2017-08-22, 1:58 AM

Yeah, me too.

What I've found that works to fix it is doing a Wipe data/factory reset from Recovery mode (I know it hurts but it's the only way I know to get rid of it)

Regards

wrote:

I have been experiencing the same since the security update on my moto g5 +.  Also accompanied by occaasional reboots.

Options

11 Posts

08-03-2017

GT

25 Signins

149 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2017-08-22, 2:01 AM

_JM wrote:

wrote:

Hi everybody,

Regards,

Luismol1999

Hi Luismol1999,

Disabling or uninstalling a pre-installed app may cause performance issues. Can you test to see if this will persist in safe mode? We want to make sure that this is not being caused by a rogue app.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Yes I read in a similar thread to try it on safe mode but it worked the same and occasionally even worse than in a normal boot,

Options

1 Posts

10-06-2017

GB

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-10-06, 8:18 AM

Found this on another thread, posting here in case it helps someone.

This will lose your home screen icon layout customisations - but is a lot less intrusive that a factory reset.

Settings  >  Apps  >  click 3 dots menu (top right)  >  Choose "Show System"  > Find "Launcher3" in the list

Clear all data, cache etc.

Force Stop

Press home button and your icons will be reset to factory default, but your data will be safe.

Original thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Launcher3-isn-t-responding/m-p/3662150#M3045

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms