cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc999
Punch Card
Views: 197
Message 1 of 4

Looking for information: Why does a Factory Reset not solve issues, arising from Android 8.1 update

See title: Could someone please explain, so I can understand:

Why does a Factory Reset not solve issues, arising from Android 8.1 update.

While I'd like to update my phone from Android 7 to 8.1 - I am absolutely wary of not being able to revert to a previous version - if the update causes problems or does not work as intended. 

Many forum users appear to continue having issues after Factory resetting phone, due to updating to Android 8.1.   So I don't see that option as a fail safe method of reverting to a functional phone. 

Unless I can be convinced otherwise - I don't see updating this phone as a wise practice at this point in time. 

Moto G5+ (4gb/64gb) (Retus) - Unlocked
Highlighted
mark-mark
Punch Card
Views: 185
Message 2 of 4

Re: Looking for information: Why does a Factory Reset not solve issues, arising from Android 8.1 upd

I just updated my G5 Plus to Orea 8.1   It runs like it was brand new. I will keep an eye on battery life. I cannot stress enough the importance of doing a factory reset after updating. Deleting the partition cache does not return the phone to speedy as new condition. I think people are more OCD about having to reload all their apps than they are worried about Oreo 8.1 not running correctly. It does allow you to keep many of your settings when you do a factory reset. 

Marc999
Punch Card
Views: 133
Message 3 of 4

Re: Looking for information: Why does a Factory Reset not solve issues, arising from Android 8.1 upd

Actually, according to many reports here - a factory reset has not resolved phone issues (cannot hear recipient & vice versa) after updating to Android 8.1 - that's my point.
Moto G5+ (4gb/64gb) (Retus) - Unlocked
mark-mark
Punch Card
Views: 111
Message 4 of 4

This is a support forum. Most people come here because they have problems with their phones. Some people have legitimate problems while others would have difficulty replacing a light bulb let alone upgrading their phone OS. The water is warm, jump in and upgrade your phone. 

Top Kudoed Authors