Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

08-27-2017

United States of America

98 Signins

357 Page Views

• Views: 357
  • Message 331 of 347

Re: Low Volume During Calls via earpiece and speaker

2018-07-30, 14:35 PM

I know they aren't going to buy it back. They aren't going to do anything at all. It's been a year. I'm not going to do anything at all either. I gave them all the info before when they asked and nothing came of it. I was totally unaware that I bought a non US dual sim phone, since I bought it in the US at Bestbuy. Odd.

Options

521 Posts

12-29-2013

United States of America

557 Signins

10169 Page Views

• Views: 10169
  • Message 332 of 347

2018-07-30, 21:53 PM

wrote:

I was totally unaware that I bought a non US dual sim phone, since I bought it in the US at Bestbuy. Odd.

Was just going by what Matt posted. I assumed that came from profile info I can't see.

If you actually have the XT1687 instead of the XT1681, PM me you price.

Options

2 Posts

08-05-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 333 of 347

Re: Low Volume During Calls via ear peace and speaker

2018-08-06, 3:56 AM

The issue started directly after opening the new packaging, and activating my device. I immediately noticed a severely low volume from using my Samsung S5 whether it's in a call, sound on an app (youtube, pandora, etc...). The headphone jack is even super low volume. I feel as if I am now hearing impared due to owning this phone (quincidently I have switched BACK to my old Samsung S5, luckily I did not trade it in, nor did I sell it to raise money to buy any Moto device. The sound quality is severely lacking, and I'm very disappointed in my purchase, and I feel anyone else that has bought the phone realizes the issue as well, however it's VERY evidident Lenovo is ignoring the problem! Is it possible to enable the hearing impared feature to make the phone's you sell usable? We're not really deaf, but the low powered amplifiers you use makes anyone seem deaf in normal everyday environments... At work, birds chirping drowns out conversations... What gives? I even paid to have my ears tested... Rediculous, I thought maybe I was going deaf when I first used my Moto G5 Plus (yes, it is an older phone, I purchased it sometime ago, and recenty ran across it again, sad to hear the issue is not resolved... It's been a year since I purchased mine, and still I am reading responses like: Safe mode... System Restore - Start over from day one... Removed Apps... These issues are not directly affecting many people's issues/concerns... Poorly designed phones with near useless audio (on a cell phone of all things). Grab one of these devices, activate it with your personal funds... Stand on a sidewalk near a busy street (3 feet or less away) and tell me you have an enjoyable time talking to your significan other... Better yet, ask your significant other if they are screaming at you, and if so why? Worst part is, if you connect via Headphones jack, or bluetooth to use a headset to try to resolve this issue, it's still low, if not lower volume... Yes, the redundancy of your question is still yes, the volume is all the way up... Again refer to my USE THE DEVICE IN YOUR LIFE and you can discover the issue VERY easily...

Any responses that does not involve Lenovo trying to really resolve the issue will probably result in a report to the BBB. While I appreciate you reading from a script and pasting it here, I would much rather hear a real life fix that would resolve the issue so I can utilize this $300 paperweight...

P.S. it really holds down a lot of paper... I print all your responses, and put them under it, to ensure it can still hold down those papers, even when the fan is on high, it does a magnificient job of holding down 4000+ sheets of paper...

Options

2 Posts

08-05-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 334 of 347

2018-08-06, 4:00 AM
Also, DOS is a Disk Operating System in which a computer utilizes to allow the user to interact with the computer... Since you labelled me "What's DOS?" Please tell us, "What's a FAIL?" Flagship American Iconic Loss... The Moto G5 Plus I bought!
Options

18 Posts

08-06-2018

United States of America

30 Signins

297 Page Views

• Views: 297
  • Message 335 of 347

2018-08-06, 11:04 AM

I have this exact same low call volume issue on my Moto G6. I started a thread for my issue on that phone (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/low-speaker-volume-on-phone-calls/m-p/4163857) and then started searching the forums to find this thread (and others) about the same issue on the G5 series. So look like the problem has carried over to the G6 series, which isn't surprising as it doesn't look like the problem on the G5 was ever addressed.

Options

521 Posts

12-29-2013

United States of America

557 Signins

10169 Page Views

• Message 336 of 347

2018-08-07, 19:40 PM

wrote:
Flagship American Iconic Loss... The Moto G5 Plus I bought!

The Moto G5+ was never a flagship. The Moto G series has always been a budget device.
It may have had midrange specs, and the pricing is pushing midrange now, it won't ever shake it's budget roots.

Options

2018-08-07, 21:22 PM

wrote:

wrote:

The Moto G5+ was never a flagship. The Moto G series has always been a budget device.
It may have had midrange specs, and the pricing is pushing midrange now, it won't ever shake it's budget roots.

Right, still that doesn't mean we must live with all the problems without any solution.

I have this low volume problem from day 1 in two G5. Also i have the battery charge that sometimes "stalls", and reading the forums it seems i'm not the only one.

To be honest, i didn't expected that from Motorola. Definitely G5 will be my last cell phone from them.

Options

22 Posts

03-02-2016

United States of America

85 Signins

656 Page Views

• Views: 656
  • Message 338 of 347

2018-08-07, 21:27 PM

Hi, Motorola/Lenovo. I sent my bug report weeks ago. What can I - along with the many others that have reported this huge issue - expect from you?

Options

521 Posts

12-29-2013

United States of America

557 Signins

10169 Page Views

• Message 339 of 347

2018-08-17, 14:29 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Right, still that doesn't mean we must live with all the problems without any solution.

I was merely comenting on Stomp referencing Flagship and the G5 Plus.

Options

2 Posts

08-25-2018

Poland

4 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 340 of 347

2018-08-25, 7:17 AM

Love the phone but this low volume issue is really annoying. Ruins all effect of an otherwise great item. I bought mine a week ago and I kinda regret it to be honest.

Dear moto team, if nothing can be done in a bid of resolving the problem, why don't you just state it clearly and not have people commenting on this, which has been going for months now.

Equivocating like this is way below what we are used to be getting from you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms