Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajarora
Fanfold Paper
Views: 24,352
Message 1 of 331

Low Volume During Calls via earpiece and speaker

Hi! 

I have got my new Moto G5 Plus delivered  by Flipkart on May 06, 2017.

Before that I was using Moto G3.

The volume on the Moto G5 is too low and can't hear what the other person is saying over the call. If I put it on the speaker, that also not making much of a difference. I need to be in a quite place to hear the call. Works fine with provided headphones.

Is any one else if facing the same issue?? Is there any update for it? 

Motorola/ Lenovo, Pl help for this issue. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 23,841
Message 2 of 331

Re: Low Volume During Calls via ear peace and speaker

@rajarora wrote:

Hi! 

I have got my new Moto G5 Plus delivered  by Flipkart on May 06, 2017.

Before that I was using Moto G3.

The volume on the Moto G5 is too low and can't hear what the other person is saying over the call. If I put it on the speaker, that also not making much of a difference. I need to be in a quite place to hear the call. Works fine with provided headphones.

Is any one else if facing the same issue?? Is there any update for it? 

Motorola/ Lenovo, Pl help for this issue. 

Hi rajarora,

Does it happen in a specific location? Check if the issue is present in Safe mode

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

rajarora
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,766
Message 3 of 331

Yes, in safe mode the issue remains the same too.

I have gone through many posts on this fouram and all are complaining about the same issue. 

All are saying that it has the same issue in safe mode too, despite that you ask the same question to every one who complained about this sound issue.

May I know is there any development at your side regarding the update which can fix this issue or I need to ask your company to take this phone back and give me my money back?

Believe me its really hard to use this phone outside a quite room and I guess phones are not made to use only in quite rooms.

Please reply a solution. Thanks.

sukant911
What's DOS?
Views: 23,747
Message 4 of 331

Hi Anne, 

Even I am facing the same problem of low earpiece volume in my recently bought Moto g5 plus. Sometimes the voice calls are not audible, I migrated from Moto g2 which had good earpiece volume. 

I suppose the speaker and earpiece are same in Moto g5 plus. Please help on the solution to fix this issue.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 23,718
Message 5 of 331

Hi rajarora,

I appreciate you bring this to us. The reason why we are asking the same questions is for us to know if those troubleshooting steps did work for others or not. There are some instances that they have the same issue but with a different cause. If putting it in safe mode didn't work, I would suggest doing a factory reset with the Automatic Restore disabled and see if that would work. 

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

rajarora
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,715
Message 6 of 331

So you are saying that this phone has multiple issues and same outcome- low sound.

Why dont your engeeniers develop some kind of update to solve this issue.

When you know that this phone has issues,  why don't you do complete research and fix it. Why are you asking eash user to perform different troubleshooting steps when many people have confirmed that no troubleshooting step is resolving the issue.

Why don't you accept that this phone has a genuine issue and resolve it. 

If you cant fix it, recall all your phones and give us our money back or fix the issue.

All we are asking for an acknowledgement from your side and a fix. Are we asking too much??

ARINDAM_SAHA
What's DOS?
Views: 23,663
Message 7 of 331

Hi,

I bought this phone with Rs 17000 and still this phone does not have the basic feature that every low budget phones have - a clear and audible sound during calling. I cannot hear anything when someone calls me, the sound is that low. I'm an enginner, and trust me you guys should be ashamed that this actually brings down the whole "moto" brand.

I have used motog 1st gen and it was superb, hence the decision for motog5 plus. Please give my money back if you don't have the intelligence to solve this.

twinmom
Punch Card
Views: 23,636
Message 8 of 331

I am having the same issue with my phone.  I often try to take calls on Speaker phone and it is nearly impossible to hear the other person unless I am in a VERY QUIET area.  If I am in my car or even in my house with other people talking, you can't hear the other person--it's just not loud enough, even when the volume is at the highest poing.  

I am on Verizon service, which means I am also getting choppy calls which makes the situation even worse.  

The last day I can return the phone is June 3.  I am waiting to see if a fix is issued. 

drdr1818
Punch Card
Views: 23,606
Message 9 of 331

I have the same issue as well. Media volume is very good.  Phone call volume is too low.  This is whether or not it's bluetooth or speaker.  Waze uses the phone profile (whether bluetooth, or not) and not the media profile and as such, has the same issue.

Thanks

cs_ravishankar
Paper Tape
Views: 23,575
Message 10 of 331

I am facing the same problem . The problem persists in every network and at every place. The sound quality of the earpiece is very poor. Kindly bring an update to fix it. So that we could hear the other side during call. The volume of earpiece is very low if compared to Moto G3. Kindly fix it otherwise it shall be a sheer waste of money for me
Top Kudoed Authors