Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farheen0606
Paper Tape
Views: 204
Message 1 of 6

MOTO G5 PLUS SCREEN FLICKERING

Hie

The screen on my moto G5 plus recently started flickering. Rebooting the phone in safe mode and removing third party apps could not solve the problem. The phone runs on android 8.1.0 (oreo). 

This is very annoying. Please help me with this problem.

Thanks

Farheen

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 158
Message 2 of 6

Re: MOTO G5 PLUS SCREEN FLICKERING

Hi farheen0606,

Thanks for posting. Appreciate the steps you've taken. Are you only experiencing this with a specific app? When did you first notice this? Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Suyash7
What's DOS?
Views: 98
Message 3 of 6

After the decDecem security updates my phone's touch is not working properly. Some of the keys like t and v is not working

farheen0606
Paper Tape
Views: 92
Message 4 of 6

Hi Rich

It's been almost 2 weeks. No it doesn't happen with any specific app, starts randomly at anytime. Should I get my phone checked somewhere?

Thanks

Farheen

farheen0606
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 5 of 6

I was randomly going through my gmail when I first saw the bottom of the screen flickering. I turned off the phone and switched it on but it didn't help. And now all the sides of the screen flicker. It goes for about 5 minutes straight and then stops and then randomly starts again.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 66
Message 6 of 6

Hi farheen0606,

This looks like a hardware failure. Try factory resetting the phone without restoring your apps/files. Backup your files prior doing the reset so you won't lose any of your important files/apps. If it's still doing the same, I recommend sending the phone for repair. Here's the repair link. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors