cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DraganMiletich
Paper Tape
Views: 446
Message 1 of 5

MOTO g5 lock screen notification icons vibrate when touched - how to stop that?

Hi,

I receive email, test and phone notifications on my lock screen on G5 which is what I like. What I don't like is - when I touch the notifications on the lock screen - the phone vibrates. I want to stop this behaviour. I just want to be able to touch the notification icon and to open email, text or Viber message, without any vibration (vibrations actually feel wrong to me but that is another topic)..

I have checked all the settings several time and could not find this one.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks!

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 424
Message 2 of 5

Re: MOTO g5 lock screen notification icons vibrate when touched - how to stop that?

Just a guess here.Do you have the vibrate on when you type?

If so try,

Settings>Language and Input>Google Keyboard>Preferences and switch off the Vibrate on Press.

HTH Smiley Happy

DraganMiletich
Paper Tape
Views: 410
Message 3 of 5

Re: MOTO g5 lock screen notification icons vibrate when touched - how to stop that?

...I checked the settings you suggested and the only option is 'haptic feedback on keypress' and that is disabled. Going in circles...I am an IT guy, should have found it by now. I do hope it is something simple, regardless. ('Vibration strength on keypress. is set to 0 but is greyed out anyway since the 'haptic...' is turned off. )

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 241
Message 4 of 5

Hi DraganMiletich,

Thanks for posting. If you're using Moto Display, we can try turning it off. Kindly open Moto app > Moto Display > More Settings > Toggle off Vibrate on Touch. Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

EricJRW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 5 of 5

I'm curious too.

Moto G5 Plus running Android 8.1 (Oreo).
Top Kudoed Authors