Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ayerbe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,983
Message 1 of 6

Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

I know there are several messages flying about but no real answer has been forthcoming.  Battery life on my phone has reduced drastically since the Oreo update, it now lasts barely 12 hours and with very light usage when double was the norm.  There are some suggestions of doing full factory resets but countless replies of the 'fix' not working, bar adding to the frustration of course and the fact that one has to waste time reinstalling everything....   Why can't you just push a fix??

Esbee90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,696
Message 2 of 6

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

I have the same problem. Battery drains very fast on my Moto g5 plus. I would lose about 3% of battery within 15 minutes after fully charging it to 100%.  I thought my battery was dying. But it seems like OS update is the culprit. I tried every trick possible to fix it. Tried battery recalibration but the problem persists. I regret updating the OS to Oreo. I am not happy with the performance of my phone battery. I hope Motorola pushes an update to fix this issue ASAP. 

fejiroc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,497
Message 3 of 6

Same here, I checked battery settings and in my case Twitter was to blame with  0 minutes of use and 40% of battery drain. I uninstalled and installed Twitter lite, so far so good. Will update if something changes

Esbee90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,431
Message 4 of 6

The system apps are ok .Third party apps consume battery like crazy .

Pstandard
Punch Card
Views: 1,344
Message 5 of 6

Feels like my battery drains much faster than before the Oreo update.
Battery settings suggests most of it is due to "mobile network standby".
Yesph
Paper Tape
Views: 551
Message 6 of 6

I have got the battery draining issue with my tablet (TB-X304F) fixed by doing factory reset (also partition cache wipeout in case). Note that wiping out only partition data would NOT help at all. This is certainly not the convenient solution as you have to back up all the data but I think most peple should be OK with that. Before this fix, my battery lost >80% of capacity in standby in 24hrs. Now the issue's gone completely.

This is my first post on Lenovo. I would like to share my experience with everyone who has been suffering after Oreo update.

Top Kudoed Authors