Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beams
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,164
Message 1 of 9

Micro SD card recommendation: Internal memory

I read some threads where several people have used 32gb cards and one person mentioned using 128gb but said it was a bad move.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a specific SD card to use as internal storage for my 16gb Moto G5?

- I have cleared the cache, moved photos/videos etc but keep on finding I have little space left.

Guru
Views: 1,073
Message 2 of 9

Re: Micro SD card recommendation: Internal memory

Uhm, did you not scroll down the list of threads or do a search? There is a previous thread with 9 replies & so recommendations. You could search the web too via say Google. The device Motorola G5 is not really relevant. But anyway, just scroll down the page & you'll find your answer or below this thread are "recommended threads" that are either an exact same question previously asked & answered or a similar question.

Search first, ask questions later ..... if you still need to.

Beams
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,037
Message 3 of 9

I looked at the other thread but didn't see a suitable response so asked again for SD cards available in Summer 2018. Google doesn't necessarily give a correct response - hence me asking here.

TheSoupThief
Token Ring
Views: 997
Message 4 of 9

I have a SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC Memory Card  (Class 10, U1, A1) formatted as adoptable storage in my G5. I've never had any problems with it. Fwiw I bought it from a reputable seller (direct from Amazon). I read about someone having problems with the same card, though they're was bought from Amazon marketplace and may not have been what it was sold as, so beware

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 968
Message 5 of 9

@TheSoupThief wrote:

I have a SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC Memory Card  (Class 10, U1, A1) formatted as adoptable storage in my G5. I've never had any problems with it. Fwiw I bought it from a reputable seller (direct from Amazon). I read about someone having problems with the same card, though they're was bought from Amazon marketplace and may not have been what it was sold as, so beware

Please follow the mentioned link here

We recommend the use of a high-speed card, such as a UHS-1 type. Class 4 and Class 2 micro SD cards are not recommended for adopted internal storage usage. The performance of these cards is typically 10x slower than internal storage performance.

Thanks

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

TheSoupThief
Token Ring
Views: 948
Message 6 of 9

Useful linky there Sandip.

As I say, the sandisk ultra I have (uhs-1, class 10) works just fine. As always, be realistic when buying cards online - AliExpress sells enormously capacious cards for pennies, but they tend to be about 64mb formatted so as to reflect a different size!

If it looks too good to be true... you know the rest

Beams
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 943
Message 7 of 9

Is this the kind of card I could use and find works well?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM

Thanks.

TheSoupThief
Token Ring
Views: 937
Message 8 of 9

Hi Beams,

That's the one I have. 

Hope it works for you as well as it has for me

Beams
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 935